Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How we can bring in Tarkowski and Coady for no transfer fee, but completely neglect forward areas is beyond me.

Hope Calvert-Lewin can stay fit and hope we can stay out the bottom 3 come January and hope the club get their finger out and bring in some support.

Lampards right, there's a void in attacking areas. Replacing a player who directly contributed over a third of our goals last season in Richarlison with Maupay and McNeil doesn't bode well.
In terms of urgency attributed to the forward areas, I think it boils down to Lampard’s expectations of Gordon.

Both in terms of knocking back what I think is a great fee, which we could have used for a top drawer forward or two, and in terms of assuming his output will increase exponentially in lieu of signing anybody else to share the burden.

It’s a massive call by him and the board. Fair play to them for nailing their colours to the mast, but it’s a big gamble.

At any rate I think we’ll have enough through the rest of the team to stay clear of real danger by Jan.

@Bungle any update mate ?

tim-and-sid-sid-seixeiro.gif

We had a negative 23 goal difference. We sure ourselves up which I think we massively have and we’ll be comfortable.

Just to put this into context, if we’d have had Maupay’s goals last season instead of Richarlison’s we’d have scored 41 goals instead of 43.

I still think we look dodgy at the back this season up to now mate, albeit not as bad as last season.

I think we’re in trouble because we’ve dropped points to teams that are going to be around us this season near the bottom half and yes I like the work rate and effort shown so far but I haven’t liked leaking goals still and lack of creativity or goal scorer.
I mean that only comes into play if you expect that we won’t gain points against teams above us. In my opinion the only bad result we’ve had so far is the Villa one. I think the optics of things makes everything look a bit worse than it really is to be honest.

Not in a great run but nothing awful either, think there’s probably 10 winnable games in the next 14 or 15, the issue with the optics is 4 of the next 6 are gonna be really hard. So if I told you we’d get 30 points ish out of 20 games played you’d probably think that’s fairly decent and we’d be in good form but if I told you we’ll probably only be on 10 points after 10 games played in total you’d be fuming.

I think there’s a real need to look at the bigger picture here with us honestly.

So if Gordon is having a stinker on a particular game, who can we used as a sub to put a bit of pressure on him...wait super rondon...feel much better now...

The core of our team looks loads better with Coady, Tarkowski, and Gana/Onana (and maybe Garner) in front of them.

I've bored everyone with my view about our attack but I'll say it again - I think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Maupay and we struggle to be competitive enough to stay in this league. We'll be asking players to hit numbers for goals/assists that they've never hit before.

If we don't bring in anyone else to fill the void that Lampard has spoke about then IMO, we'll be in a position were the difference between a relegation scrap to the wire, or mid table comfort comes down to Calvert-Lewin's fitness IMO, and even then - we've lost his biggest providers. We don't create a lot - 19th or 20th for chances last season, and 18th so far this season.

⬆️ Sharing this again.

Good night blues.

I think we're in for a rough ride again this season, unfortunately.

At least our two midfielders today will free up iwobi to help the attack. Never thought I'd write these words a year ago!
It's a shame because he's playing so well in midfield, but he also put a couple of decent performances at RW last season. He might be needed further up to create some additional goals. But then who provides creativity from midfield? Stepping on our own feet unfortunately.

September 2020: ‘Allan is so good, he’s the answer to all our prayers, he’s like 28 year old gueye but with so much more to his game’

September 2022: ‘Thank god we’ve resigned 32 year old gueye, our midfield will be so much better now with him instead of a cart horse like Allan’.

Not that people go all emperors new clothes about our transfer window every single year or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.