Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was talk about united wanting begovic as backup
“Ya know what’s a good idea…let’s loan Henderson again instead of giving him a proper chance even though De Gea is trash now, and then go pay actual money to get Evertons backup in who is mediocre at best.”

United are officially like us now if that happens.

I'm at the same time, impressed by such mathematical research, but also questioning if some fans are more into the financial transactions side of football than football itself. Am I missing out on being excited by numbers...or is this some way of finding excitement when it is clearly lacking on the pitch?
Except I want people to know we're in a decent position to spend (especially with reduced wage bill) if we can shift a few more players like Gomes, Gbamin - decent relative to some previous years that is.

It's not just about "net spend" in any one window. We may have "spent" £5M or so with the three transactions but the FY position is significantly better (especially compared to last year with no wages to pay for GS, Delph, Tosun etc).

Looks like we’ll be going into the match at the weekend without adding to the attacking options in the squad again.

It’s mind blowing to me how the board think it’s acceptable. Do they genuinely feel like the current options are enough? Or do they know that they aren’t and can’t do anything to rectify it anyway? Or are they happy to wait and effectively start out season in September?

Where’s the accountability here?

Looks like we’ll be going into the match at the weekend without adding to the attacking options in the squad again.

It’s mind blowing to me how the board think it’s acceptable. Do they genuinely feel like the current options are enough? Or do they know that they aren’t and can’t do anything to rectify it anyway? Or are they happy to wait and effectively start out season in September?

I know mate.

It's quite unbelievable really that nobody else has pointed this out.

Blame Kenwright apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.