Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just some made up nonsense. Nobody is paying Gordon 180k a week and committing almost £50m in wages to him in his current state. Probably treble his wages to about £75k a week or so though.
I think you will be surprised, how do they turn his head? By offering him the same as he would get at Everton? Unlikely.

And his Agent. "You paid 60million for my client and are only offering 180k? We are insulted".

Cant see any skimping going on myself.

Maybe not 180k, but he will be on big money if he moves.

Do the board decide which players we buy?

Yes they do. Its kenwright who handles the negotiations and decided on the wages and whether or not to release the funds to pay for the players.

Do you think lampard and Thelwell are sat there going "let's wait till the last day of the window and get Diaz in"?

We should try playing 2 goalkeepers every match possibly, since we have so many
Someone on the board is playing FIFA. A steady way to generate cash for transfers in the game is to sign and sell goalkeepers for a profit. If only it worked in the real world.

Yes they do. Its kenwright who handles the negotiations and decided on the wages and whether or not to release the funds to pay for the players.

Do you think lampard and Thelwell are sat there going "let's wait till the last day of the window and get Diaz in"?
Does Kenwright decide which players we want to sign?

I've no idea what Lampard and Thelwell do - but whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be particularly dynamic

Does Kenwright decide which players we want to sign?

I've no idea what Lampard and Thelwell do - but whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be particularly dynamic
I think there's always a tussle. Ideally the team trusts the manager and supports his vision, but the fight over transfer policy is partly what got Lampard sacked at Chelsea. A higher executive disagreed with his push for Tarkwoski, among others.

I think you will be surprised, how do they turn his head? By offering him the same as he would get at Everton? Unlikely.

And his Agent. "You paid 60million for my client and are only offering 180k? We are insulted".

Cant see any skimping going on myself.

Maybe not 180k, but he will be on big money if he moves.
Which is why whether we like it or not he has to go now. Because if we turn down 60m the agent says “you value my client at more than 60m? That’ll be…”.

Hahaha what?! Thats beyond preposterous!
I'm guessing you haven't seen some if the wages being paid at Chelsea mate.

Ones I know for sure are Pulisic on a reported 250k pw and RLC and Hudson odoi and Sarr are all reckoned to be on 120-150k ow when you factor certain bonuses in.

Think Chilwell is around 150-190k as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.