Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s looking like bias from Blackburn n Pedro from Watford.

Not a great window. A lot to the other teams doing big things. This season will be a struggle

Except I want people to know we're in a decent position to spend (especially with reduced wage bill) if we can shift a few more players like Gomes, Gbamin - decent relative to some previous years that is.

It's not just about "net spend" in any one window. We may have "spent" £5M or so with the three transactions but the FY position is significantly better (especially compared to last year with no wages to pay for GS, Delph, Tosun etc).
I think that reply answers my question ? ?

Other clubs, when facing a dilema in the boardroom, ask themselves "what would Everton do?"

Screenshot_20220824-213459_Twitter.jpg

And then do the complete opposite.

Looks like we’ll be going into the match at the weekend without adding to the attacking options in the squad again.

It’s mind blowing to me how the board think it’s acceptable. Do they genuinely feel like the current options are enough? Or do they know that they aren’t and can’t do anything to rectify it anyway? Or are they happy to wait and effectively start out season in September?

Where’s the accountability here?
They will blame lampard at the end of September when we are bottom of the table possibly with already a significant gap to safety...perhaps this is an internal fight and somebody is undermining the manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.