Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without selling Gordon (and as of this moment we are not selling Gordon) we almost certainly cannot match the deal Newcastle offered for Pedro due to the large guaranteed fee mainly up front. Even IF Newcastle pull out if they land Isak (and they may want both) I just don’t see how we can do £20-25m up front vs eg £12-15m for Brereton-Diaz paid over 3 years...which is unfortunate as I tend to agree with bullybeef on the McNeil paced BB-D.

Excellent keeper, probably the best in Ireland and this is his first season playing 1st team football, hard to see how he would fit in at Everton and the talk there of loaning him back makes sense if it is happening.

Very loose Everton connection but his father Phil was Big Nevs understudy for the Welsh u21s back in the day.

@Bluerover

Excellent keeper, probably the best in Ireland and this is his first season playing 1st team football, hard to see how he would fit in at Everton and the talk there of loaning him back makes sense if it is happening.

Very lose Everton connection but his father Phil was Big Nevs understudy for the Welsh u21s back in the day.

Wouldn't be an Everton window without us signing a keeper.

Hello Farhad. It's nice to speak to you today. I am Charles and I will be assisting you today. I believe you are the owner of Everton Football Club, correct? Thank you. You are a club in need of a forward player, correct? Thank you. May I recommend to you my player by the name of Joao de Assis Bumbatso Al Career Edvisor dos Santos. He is available for at least 5 million euros after tax deductions of the regulation. Please submit your offer including your credit card details and I will return.

Looking at our activity from a FFP perspective:

Thus far - we have paid some loan fees (and no doubt received some) but the key deals have been Onana, McNeill and Richarlison

The Incoming pair are on 5 year deals and we paid in the region of £34M and £20M respectively - this means the cost in year to be written down will be IRO of £11M

Richarlison left for £50M which will go straight onto the books as a NBV gain of £42M (we paid £40M and had written down 4/5 years of that - to £8M)

So the net effect - give or take any loan costs is a POSITIVE of around £31M

What else might we know: If we should lose Gordon for £50M (or even more) that boosts the bottom line to £81M or more.

You might be interested in the approx asset value of the current squad based on fees paid and remainder of initial contract - we only appear to have a handful of players with existing values on the accounts (approximate figures)

Mina £6M, Patterson £10M, Mykolenko £16M, Nkoukou small (less than £100K), Godfrey £12M, Doucoure £7M, Gomes £9M, Gbamin £9M, Gray £1.2M, Iwobi £11M, Allan £7M as well as the new arrivals at their present Transfer fee paid (£54M) - players of repute with a NBV of nil include Pickford, Tarko, Holgate, Keane, Coleman, Gordon, Davies, DCL, Townsend and possibly Alli (if we shift or demote him before any fee is due to Spurs)

So the NBV of the entire squad is around £142M and the hit on the accounts this season (currently) would be around £62M which is, of course, already anticipated for this current FY.

The Diaz one is weird reports saying we are interested but Lampard has to decide... Erm surely the DOF and manager have to agree on targets before we even approach? Strange wording from Romano
Or perfect, cause he knows precisely zilch.

Is that how you spell zilch....?

I'm sticking with it.

Very loose Everton connection but his father Phil was Big Nevs understudy for the Welsh u21s back in the day.

@Bluerover

Was talk about united wanting begovic as backup

Status
Not open for further replies.