Donovan back in Jan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It irritates me that he thinks it's unrealistic to sign him on a permanent deal. If Moyes had the money he should have from all the transfers we've made over the last couple of years than we would have enough cash to appease the Galaxy and plenty of money to pay his wages. I firmly believe he would take a wage cut if it meant playing in the PL again. Although:

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines
Donovan Rodwell Fellaini Drenthe
Saha Vellios​

Would make me moist.

...........................Howard

Coleman....Jagielka..........?????.......Baines.....

Drenthe.....Rodwell...........Fellaini.........?????

............................?????

We lack 3 players. Drenthe should be on the right allowing him to cut inside and shoot / pass.

Distin cannot play with Jagielka.

Our forwards and attacking midfielders are all ****e.

Donovan cannot play on the left.

Sorry your team is gash.

EDIT -- And what kind of idiot would play close to 10mil for an ageing player whose sole outstanding ability is his pace???

Hes a good player, but i wouldnt fancy a permo given his age etc, i suppose im not a massive fan of these type of MLS deals given its costs us a lot in signing fees and wages for three months, but we are were we are i suppose, it kind of fits in with a short termist approach that has creeped in at the club.

Last edited:

EDIT -- And what kind of idiot would play close to 10mil for an ageing player whose sole outstanding ability is his pace???

What? And...what?

He plays on the left for the US national team, often switching with Dempsey. Though that is imo his weaker side. Though to say he cannot play there is false. Drenthe was technically also bought as a LM (though has looked better on the right so far).

Only outstanding ability is pace? Come on now. Near 50 goals and 50 assists for his national team.

MLS Cup is 11/20, but first LA needs to win this Sunday. Hope LA gets there and wins. We'll know then.

P.S. A reporter at ESPN also tweeted yesterday that LD himself said it was "unlikely" that he'll go on loan in the offseason. Course that was before Moyes made this statement.
P.P.S. Timing by Moyes kinda sucks. Landon will be distracted by questions about this Sunday at the Western Conference Final and probably at the US game against France.

And finally...American ESPN2 viewers - how long do we think it'll take Darke and Mcmanananann to mention this during the broadcast? Especially since Darke just saw him play? Odds?

Last edited by a moderator:
...........................Howard

Coleman....Jagielka..........?????.......Baines.....

Drenthe.....Rodwell...........Fellaini.........?????

We lack 3 players. Drenthe should be on the right allowing him to cut inside and shoot / pass.

Distin cannot play with Jagielka.

Our forwards and attacking midfielders are all ****e.

Sorry your team is gash.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen on here.

Well played Kay for setting him right.

I for one would take him back at the drop of a hat.

Totally underwhelmed, tbh.

He was adequate in his first spell, no more than that. If Moyes thinks he gives us a huge leap forward that Coleman cant deliver in that berth, and that filling it is the priority in January, then I really dont know what to think of the man's judgement anymore.

Landon looks terribly tired. He hasn't had a real break in a while. I don't think one month off would rejuvenate his legs.

Totally underwhelmed, tbh.

He was adequate in his first spell, no more than that. If Moyes thinks he gives us a huge leap forward that Coleman cant deliver in that berth, and that filling it is the priority in January, then I really dont know what to think of the man's judgement anymore.

Thank you.

Landon looks terribly tired. He hasn't had a real break in a while. I don't think one month off would rejuvenate his legs.
He was on break for 3-4 months before the current MLS season started in March.

He just came back from an injury where he was out for like 3 weeks. I don't think he is tired I think he is either sick or not sharp right now after taking some games off.

I am a Galaxy fan but if we won the cup this year I would be happy to see him go permanently. The word is he bought the Galaxy supporters group a keg for the tailgate before the western conference final on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.