Donovan back in Jan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Would we not be better off saving his fee, and trying to scrape together enough to, you know, buy someone?

Is it just me that thought Donovan was just a slighty better than average squad player for 2 months?

Is it just me that thought Donovan was just a slighty better than average squad player for 2 months?

202.gif

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/979833/everton-eye-los-angeles-galaxy-star-landon-donovan-loan?cc=5901

Everton boss David Moyes is hoping to make a January swoop for Los Angeles Galaxy and United States national team star Landon Donovan.

Landon Donovan celebrates with LA Galaxy team-mate David Beckham
Donovan spent part of the 2009-10 Premier League season at Goodison Park after his 2009 MLS duties had concluded. Everton were reportedly keen to extend that previous loan deal, but the Galaxy refused. Moyes believes the time is now right to make another play for the 29-year-old.

"It's something we will probably try and look to see if there's an interest," revealed Moyes. "[Donovan] was popular here, and we could do with some speed and width on the right. It wouldn't be something we'd be against, that's for sure. It's unrealistic to sign him on a permanent deal, though."

The Galaxy forward helped his current club progress to the MLS Western Conference final on Thursday, scoring a penalty to help see off New York Red Bulls 3-1 on aggregate.

It irritates me that he thinks it's unrealistic to sign him on a permanent deal. If Moyes had the money he should have from all the transfers we've made over the last couple of years than we would have enough cash to appease the Galaxy and plenty of money to pay his wages. I firmly believe he would take a wage cut if it meant playing in the PL again. Although:

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines
Donovan Rodwell Fellaini Drenthe
Saha Vellios​

Would make me moist.

Status
Not open for further replies.