Donovan back in Jan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the MLS cup lads, is that like the playoffs/league?

MLS Cup = winner of the post-season knockout tournement, contested amongst the 10 teams who finish the league with the best record.
Supporters Shield = team who finishes the regular season with the best record.

In American sports culture, the MLS Cup champion is the real champion. For instance, in baseball/NFL/NHL/NBA, no one cares who finished the regular season with the best record. The champion is whoever wins the post season tourney, culminating with the World Series/Super Bowl, Stanley Cup Finals, NBA Finals.

Supporters Shield means something (to the extent anything means anything in MLS) only because MLS fans know the traditions of World Football and are trying to copy it. Supporters Shield also gets an auto bid to CONCACAF Champions League.

We also have US Open Cup, which is exactly like the FA Cup, only a billion times less important.

Well if Landon comes back to Everton, it'll be with two broken legs, a gashed head, and many other assorted injuries.

After all, Houston is the thug team of MLS.

Why would anyone want to blow the only little bit of money we MAY have on signing Landon perminately... That's just crazy, he is 29 and would cost a fair wack!

Would love him on loan again tho.

Kinda, but they actually like "Soccer" in Scotland.....

us-football.jpg

Can't believe he's actually going to France for the friendlies. If I was LAG fan, I'd be fuming.

As of today, he's not going. Right decision.

Huge bummer for the USMNT.

(Yes, I'm using the damn acronym!)

I have changed my mind about Landon being sick. I am pretty sure he is playing on an injury. He came back from an injury a few games back and has been going pretty easy in games.

Before he picked up his injury he was battling Thierry Henry for the MLS Golden Boot back and forth week to week. Since coming back he looked like he would get sharper but it's been a few games and he hasn't.

Donovan is great with his left foot. He is probably just slightly better with his right. I've seen Donovan put in many great cross with his left foot. He isn't afraid to shoot or cross with his left. His left footed goal won Goal of the Year in 2009:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaDap-tUwGg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.