Everton branding

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has had to sit through countless boring and monotone branding meetings with my own digital company. Simplicity seems to be key for most modern brands. The more simple a logo, the more it can be adapted, even with things such as merchandising etc.

I love the tower concept as a badge, I don't think this new tower is detailed enough, it really is just a shape. With some detailing though, I don't mind this being the badge going forward, which it clearly will be judging by the fact that it's been plastered across everything we've seen this season.

As someone who has had to sit through countless boring and monotone branding meetings with my own digital company. Simplicity seems to be key for most modern brands. The more simple a logo, the more it can be adapted, even with things such as merchandising etc.

I love the tower concept as a badge, I don't think this new tower is detailed enough, it really is just a shape. With some detailing though, I don't mind this being the badge going forward, which it clearly will be judging by the fact that it's been plastered across everything we've seen this season.
Classic example from one of Argentina's most prestigious clubs
1200px-Escudo_del_Club_Atlético_Newell's_Old_Boys_de_Rosario.svg.png

For me the simple tower branding is OK, in certain instances, back of the shirt is fine, inside of numbers and letters on shirts, also fine. Instead of the badge on the front of the shirt? No Way. Hopefully fans feel the same way and dont buy the 3rd shirt, maybe then the club will get it.

Since you asked, mate, I think stuff like this way over the top, nauseating and patronising.

It’s a heap of overly deep guff and any executive that signs off on this should be sent back to the shop floor to refind themselves.

This bit in particular finished me clean off.

View attachment 177056

Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good.

- the bloke in my avatar

Can only imagine how much they've been paid for that lol
Like all these consulting companies they just come out with utter meaningless drivel and the idiots at board level just lap it up. I mean can you imagine anybody saying that in real life to you to explain why they created a design like that. Beggars belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.