Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we put Marcel Brands back in charge of recruitment? It's like signing Moise Kean all over again. There's no way a 20 year old putting a few very average games in the French league is worth £30m.
If we do sign him it'll be just as big a risk as Kean was and just as likely to go horribly wrong.

You do realise that when we signed kean he was one of the highest rated young strikers in the world.

We've also made around 15m on him as of now and we haven't had to pay any of his wages since he went out on loan.

If you look at the players we've made money on under brands its your lookman, Vlasic, Onyekuru highly rated young players that clubs will take chances on because of their potential.

The reason we're where we are isnt because of buying young talented players its because we buy old players that will do a job for 2 years but we sign them for 4 years and then we cant sell them. Then they leave on a free.

Will come with a big rep but have to remember the lads only turning 21 this month and has moved from a much weaker league.

Similiar to Mykolenko he'll need time to bed in - lets not be on his back the moment he puts in a 5/10 performance.
Ligue 1 to Premier League is nowhere near the same jump as Ukraine to England like. It's more that he's very raw as a player.

But Ligue 1 really isn't some tinpot league. The players that play there now are often a very good fit for the PL, much better than Serie A or the Bundesliga.

Agree though, he'll need time, which is why the Gana signing makes sense.

Aye in the league, 15 in all comps.

But appearances are at 43 in all comps.

By all accounts - I've seen very little of him - he's very raw, but he has all of the attributes we'd want in a proper midfielder. Athletic, a powerful runner, decent on the ball.

And, crucially, it really seems like Lille were willing to accept our payment structure. Something must've changed there, as a month ago he was seen as too expensive.

Can't complain at him and Gueye coming in. Hopefully Gomes and Gbamin get shipped off ASAP. Also allows us to sell Allan if a decent offer comes in for him.

we’ve lashed the fingers to FFP finally

Will come with a big rep but have to remember the lads only turning 21 this month and has moved from a much weaker league.

Similiar to Mykolenko he'll need time to bed in - lets not be on his back the moment he puts in a 5/10 performance.

He may need time we do not have. A £40m signing needs to walk in to our team and be the best player.

Aye in the league, 15 in all comps.

But appearances are at 43 in all comps.

By all accounts - I've seen very little of him - he's very raw, but he has all of the attributes we'd want in a proper midfielder. Athletic, a powerful runner, decent on the ball.

And, crucially, it really seems like Lille were willing to accept our payment structure. Something must've changed there, as a month ago he was seen as too expensive.

Can't complain at him and Gueye coming in. Hopefully Gomes and Gbamin get shipped off ASAP. Also allows us to sell Allan if a decent offer comes in for him.
I'll feel a lot better if and when a forward comes in. Just a bit concerned we may have spent our budget on other positions of lesser priority.

He looks good and I like this sort of signing, even if it looks a little expensive. We can start to play a midfield 3 at times if we can get him and Gueye and Doucoure can then be allowed to get in the box. We need goals in this team, that is the big concern right now. We need to be able to score goals to get away from trouble.

I'd be more than happy to sell Allan, Gomes, Gbamin or get as much savings on their wages as possible with loans.

I'll feel a lot better if and when a forward comes in. Just a bit concerned we may have spent our budget on other positions of lesser priority.

He looks good and I like this sort of signing, even if it looks a little expensive. We can start to play a midfield 3 at times if we can get him and Gueye and Doucoure can then be allowed to get in the box. We need goals in this team, that is the big concern right now. We need to be able to score goals to get away from trouble.

I'd be more than happy to sell Allan, Gomes, Gbamin or get as much savings on their wages as possible with loans.

therye is no way lampard won’t get a striker mate

Brilliant signing; young, quick, strong, can tackle and distribute...

We have been praying for a player like this; let's get behind him as he will need to adapt to the PL but he will be ready by oh...the 03rd of Sept 2022?

Arbitrary date I know...but what the heck...

Status
Not open for further replies.