Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think after Gana we'll bring at least another 2 signings in (likely a CB + CF).

If we can bring in another wide player in addition to McNeil its been our best summer window since El Loco's 1st season imo.

This is a lot of money for someone I know little about, so I do have some concerns. He looks like the sort of midfielder we really do need, but until I see him play consistently well then I'm a bit worried about the fee.

Everything I've seen about him is tipping him for the very top mate - seen almost nothing negative whatsoever about the lad

Has the Naitch lost too much blood? Has he taken too many pills and downed too many drinks?

Naitch ain’t believing nothing until he sees this beauty in an Everton shirt.

I’m still waiting for the “Onana has left finch farm and he’s heading to London after a last minute improved offer from West Ham”…

Has the Naitch lost too much blood? Has he taken too many pills and downed too many drinks?

Naitch ain’t believing nothing until he sees this beauty in an Everton shirt.

I’m still waiting for the “Onana has left finch farm and he’s heading to London after a last minute improved offer from West Ham”…

If Onana signs I'll expect an appropriate Nature Boy reaction...

ric-flair-strut-o.gif

He may need time we do not have. A £40m signing needs to walk in to our team and be the best player.
He doesn’t. A 32 year old signed from PSG needs to walk into the first team because we are spending money for instant impact. A 20 year old doesn’t because he’s an investment and also because we signed the former.

And before things spiral out of control, it’s £30m with 4m in potential add ons.

I think in terms of a signing, it’s a relatively risk free in terms of return.

We saw with Moise Kean, that a young hyped talent could actually fetch a profit.

We’re not talking a washed up Gomes, Bolasie, Sigurdsson here, we’ll actually make a return on him (even if he flops).

If he becomes the next hot commodity (see Cucurella etc) then you could turn a huge profit very quickly.

Ligue 1 to Premier League is nowhere near the same jump as Ukraine to England like. It's more that he's very raw as a player.

But Ligue 1 really isn't some tinpot league. The players that play there now are often a very good fit for the PL, much better than Serie A or the Bundesliga.

Agree though, he'll need time, which is why the Gana signing makes sense.

The lad played in the Bunderliga as well mate and the CL.

Ive never seen him play, just watched the vids, its a big investment and big show of faith in the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.