Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait wait so we do have pull after all?
I don’t no how it’s just mad. If you listen to some we are just little old Everton why would anyone come here. Didn’t someone say on here the other day. His well respected agent friend said no one is dealing with us and we have no money and will struggle to get even loans. I could be making that up but sure I seen it.

Anyway if we get these deals done I will be excited for the season.

I also wonder if that's a big chunk of the Everton attraction to him, too.

He's Senegalese by birth, a defensive mid, a Ligue 1 player who has seen Gana up close (I'm guessing)... the guy could well be one of his heroes.
I think that will be part of it, and I do think guys like Lukaku or Martinez will have advised him on international duty we’re the right place to develop next.

From his interview that got posted up the thread the guy is incredibly determined and ambitious and wants to get right to the top with no time to waste. A big part of his decision will have been that he didn’t want to waste even a year of his career trying to get in the West Ham team.

I don't like to criticise any Evertonian, everyone's entitled to an opinion but jeez that Gavin Buckland is a negative so and so.
Just listening to the All Together Now podcast and he's managed to find a way of poo poo'ing this transfer. He's like Davek on steriods.
I like him. A special brand of misery.
To be fair I think he’s just of a generation that’s seen genuine class play for us. I get what you’re saying I think he just has a bit more perspective then the others who are probably 20/30 years younger then him
Yep. It's hard when you have seen success to be anything but a bit errrr, cautious.

I don’t no how it’s just mad. If you listen to some we are just little old Everton why would anyone come here. Didn’t someone say on here the other day. His well respected agent friend said no one is dealing with us and we have no money and will struggle to get even loans. I could be making that up but sure I seen it.

Anyway if we get these deals done I will be excited for the season.

these two and a striker in mate definitely

11 starts... hmmm

Aye in the league, 15 in all comps.

But appearances are at 43 in all comps.

By all accounts - I've seen very little of him - he's very raw, but he has all of the attributes we'd want in a proper midfielder. Athletic, a powerful runner, decent on the ball.

And, crucially, it really seems like Lille were willing to accept our payment structure. Something must've changed there, as a month ago he was seen as too expensive.

Can't complain at him and Gueye coming in. Hopefully Gomes and Gbamin get shipped off ASAP. Also allows us to sell Allan if a decent offer comes in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.