Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
We chose Keane over Tarkowski and how did that end out?

Case by case basis is all im saying. Im not saying its the perfect signing, im not saying its an awful signing. Im saying that any player that goes down needs to be judged on their attributes and not just abnded in with the whole "well hes been relegated so must be awful".

There are players to be had for the right price, it just shouldn't be the clubs a priority to raid those clubs.

I’d like to know who the alternative CB’s are for this 16th placed FFP threatened club?
I think there’s a pinch of realism needed here, we need to rebuild so nothing will be completely fixed in one window.

AC Milan just won serie A and rave reviews for tomoli who they got from Chelsea for 24m.
All about recruitment. A dirty word at Everton.

It is an interesting debate on Tarkowski, particularly so for me as the media is reporting we (Villa) are in for him too. There is so much to like about him that appears to be a no brainer, particularly for a team that is struggling at the back (like both Everton & Villa). But, the negatives are a real concern. 30 this year, slow, and very expensive. He will want a big sign on payment, 100k+ wages and a fairly lengthy contract, I can't imagine less than 4 years. Tarkowski would be a very good signing for either of our clubs for the next 12 months but after that, I think every fan would want rid of him and he would be impossible to shift. I hope Villa don't sign him, if u guys sign him I would be envious during next season but after that, I think I would be realising how much of a bullet we dodged.

It is an interesting debate on Tarkowski, particularly so for me as the media is reporting we (Villa) are in for him too. There is so much to like about him that appears to be a no brainer, particularly for a team that is struggling at the back (like both Everton & Villa). But, the negatives are a real concern. 30 this year, slow, and very expensive. He will want a big sign on payment, 100k+ wages and a fairly lengthy contract, I can't imagine less than 4 years. Tarkowski would be a very good signing for either of our clubs for the next 12 months but after that, I think every fan would want rid of him and he would be impossible to shift. I hope Villa don't sign him, if u guys sign him I would be envious during next season but after that, I think I would be realising how much of a bullet we dodged.

"30 this year, slow and very expensive"

He's ours. Surprised if he hasnt even got an Everton tattoo by now.

For a centre back he's isn't old. Some of our best signings in that position have been older...and relegated previously.
Thing that stands out for me tho is he's missed about a dozen league games in over 4 years. Some of ours miss that in half a season.

I don't mind Tarkowski, wages are a bit steep but we have little pulling power over other prem teams right now other than we can offer more wages if needs be.

My only worry with Tarkowski is him being Keane all over again.

Burnley play such a specific way and have also benefitted from having a natural leader and captain as the partner for every CB pairing in Ben Mee, that whoever he's played alongside in a deep line has generally looked decent.
For me, it depends what system Frank is planning.

If he maintains 3 at the back, tarkowski could work as he could play as the middle and be deeper with (I assume) Godfrey and Holgate either side and slightly higher. They have pace to get back but also seek to like taking it forward.

For a centre back he's isn't old. Some of our best signings in that position have been older...and relegated previously.
Thing that stands out for me tho is he's missed about a dozen league games in over 4 years. Some of ours miss that in half a season.
Some of our players miss a dozen games every dozen that are played.

We need centre backs who can dominate against corners. This in itself would add five more wins or more to our season. Worst team protecting from set pieces in the League. I hope Tarkowski is the answer on the cheap. As we will be unable to buy unless we sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.