Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That does make you think we really should win it, except that a certain Danish midfielder was not in their squad that day, but still we have got to believe at Goodison we can do these! COYB
I think it will be a tricky game but not like facing the so called top 4.
Brentford have played 9 away games in 2022 and won 3 and lost 6. The wins were against Norwich,Watford(stoppage time winner) and Chelsea.
Eriksen has played in the 3 victories but also the defeat at Man Utd earlier this month.
Evertonians know this is a massive game for the club and will generate a fantastic atmosphere on the day and I think it will lead to the loudest Spirit of The Blues rendition ever heard at Goodison.
If results go our way before the kick-off the atmosphere will be off the scale.

This has the potential to be a celebratory day based on prior results or a nail biting 90 of holding them at bay. As a lifelong Evertonian I know which way I think it will go...

I won’t change 5 at the back because our defence becomes more solid recently.

Pickford

Iwobi Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko

Gray Doucouré Allan Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Kenny, Begović, Gomes, Godfrey, Gordon, van der Beek, Branthwaite, Rondon, Alli.

Injured: Patterson, Delph, Mina, Townsend.

Wasn't he Villa's top scorer last season? I'm not saying he's all that, but I do wonder what is stopping him being considered.
I’m not knocking the guy. Just wondering why he hasn’t been played. Gray has been poor recently. But still no El Ghazi. Not even on the bench.
We do bring in some strange loan signings. And then don’t use them. Guess hes not a Lampard sort or player……

I won’t change 5 at the back because our defence becomes more solid recently.

Pickford

Iwobi Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko

Gray Doucouré Allan Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Kenny, Begović, Gomes, Godfrey, Gordon, van der Beek, Branthwaite, Rondon, Alli.

Injured: Patterson, Delph, Mina, Townsend.
Not a bad team. Just hope that two players in particular are up for the fight. Gray and DCL. I’m sure that they are in their minds up for the fight……..but they just need to show it. I have confidence that the other 9 will give their all. Poor footballers that some of them are. Just give their all.
No passengers this weekend……

I’m not knocking the guy. Just wondering why he hasn’t been played. Gray has been poor recently. But still no El Ghazi. Not even on the bench.
We do bring in some strange loan signings. And then don’t use them. Guess hes not a Lampard sort or player……
I do wonder if there's financial reasons linked to the contract otherwise he must simply be rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.