Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need to stop reading the comments here during games I'm not able to watch. Invariably it seems we are playing a lot worse than we are. I know MotD2 isn't much of a guide but, when neutrals give their view it never seems as bad as knee-jerk comments by passionate fans on GOT
It would honestly be impossible to overstate how bad we were in the second half yesterday, it was truly awful. We're averaging less than a point every 2 games over half a season, I genuinely believe we're the worst team in the league.

I agree, the championship is the hardest league in the world imo. A long slog, with some terrible teams to play against, in terrible conditions, physically demanding, 46 games. I’m sure it can be fun at times, but it’s a tough league And can be terrible to watch.

When we lived in the South - East my lad used to go to Reading games with his mates who supported them, he said it was depressing.

Going down is not the absolute tragedy that everyone is crying about.

I guarentee that us winning games in ANY league will feel great for the matchgoing fans.

Just watch all the fans at clubs when they go down, they still go and watch the team compete and win matches.

We would probably win more games than we would in the prem.

Think I read something a while ago that pretty much said, that Everton are the most boring team to support in all the leagues, we have not enjoyed / suffered a football event of any kind in over 20 years....be that relegation, promotion, cup win, league win, play-off.

I live in Bolton so see how they have been through some awfull stuff.....yet they seem more happy then most of the blues I know.
This is a strange take. Personally I think relegation will be an absolute disaster that we may never recover from, and I can assure you beating Rotherham and Barnsley won't make me feel better about being a Championship team.

When we lived in the South - East my lad used to go to Reading games with his mates who supported them, he said it was depressing.
I go on the sunderland website a lot ( good bunch of lads ), they are all so depressed at the moment. Absolutely hate the lower leagues, hate watching terrible football etc

Once you are down the lower leagues you become one of them yourself, your quality suffers And the entertainment value of football is not there. They frequently say whilst watching the premier league ” wow so this is football”

Anyone who thinks a stay in the championship is a good thing - is severely mistaken.

Why is there all of a sudden this blag narrative on other football forums that we are going to be deducted points next season if we stay up ?

Keep seeing non Everton fans talking about it as if it’s an actual thing and not some absolute turbo bollocks made up based on a speculative fact free article in the Daily Fail

This is a strange take. Personally I think relegation will be an absolute disaster that we may never recover from, and I can assure you beating Rotherham and Barnsley won't make me feel better about being a Championship team.

And I don’t actually think we’ll win the majority of our games in that league anyway. If you put this squad as it is now in the Championship I think we’d finish about 12th and win about 4 away games all season.

Can't believe some are actually looking forward to second tier football.

A lot is at stake, not in the least the weight and importance of Everton's history: an unparalleled 119 seasons of top flight football, what makes us football aristocracy in my book.

It's Everton, not Burnley, Leicester or Leeds.

I wonder: anybody on here old enough to remember the last relegation? (obviously as a 6-7 year old kid).

Why is there all of a sudden this blag narrative on other football forums that we are going to be deducted points next season if we stay up ?

Keep seeing non Everton fans talking about it as if it’s an actual thing and not some absolute turbo bollocks made up based on a speculative fact free article in the Daily Fail

Well it wasn’t a fact free article was it, the fact we’ve lost over £100m for 4 consecutive years and are actually currently in breach of the regulations is a fact.

The squad would change dramatically in the championship, we would prob sell pickford, richarlison and dcl.. That with others leaving on a frees... We ill be bringing in new players, not saying it would be better but it it will be v different

Can't believe some are actually looking forward to second tier football.

A lot is at stake, not in the least the weight and importance of Everton's history: an unparalleled 119 seasons of top flight football, what makes us football aristocracy in my book.

It's Everton, not Burnley, Leicester or Leeds.

I wonder: anybody on here old enough to remember the last relegation? (obviously as a 6-7 year old kid).
No, but I had the privilege of knowing Peter Farrell who took us back up.

The squad would change dramatically in the championship, we would prob sell pickford, richarlison and dcl.. That with others leaving on a frees... We ill be bringing in new players, not saying it would be better but it it will be v different
Whether we are relegated or not i would sell those three and clear out any of the rest we can get shut of.
We need to start from scratch

If / when we go down the whole structure will need readdressing.
It’s not the end of the club as some of you are predicting, just as it wasn’t for Villa, Newcastle or West Ham.

As I wrote yesterday, what is the actual point in being in the PL if it brings this much misery anyway?

We were bought by an owner who had ambition, but sadly didn’t have a clue.

The early premier league years weren’t that great either, it’s just the 4th and 5th place finishes under Moyes which at least gave us a bit of respectability back, but those days are a distant memory now.

Those of you suggesting it will finish the club off and predicting where we will finish in the championship, have a day off lads and lasses, this isn’t good for your well-being.

3rd highest net spend in the last 5 years. Higher than Liverpool, chelsea, arsenal, spurs etc

And this is what it gets us? It’s surely the worst investment ever in sports history if we get relegated? Walsh, brands etc should never be able to get a job in football again for what they did. Absolutely criminal.
Cos we can't sell any of them weaklings
for a penny

Status
Not open for further replies.