Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised we have the Quarter Final this Sunday.

Assuming we are already down this may be our last realistic chance of FA Cup silverware for the foreseeable.

Do we play a slightly weaker team against Newcastle-upon-Tyne Thursday and save the big guns for Sunday?

VDB, Dele and El Ghazi are all cup tied so I would have all them in the team, would also play the likes of Patterson, Branthwaite, Rondon - players on the fringe who are hungry and want to stake a place in the team on sunday.
I know Palace will take us seriously but in reality it is more a less a bye to the semi final for them. I expect they are already choosing their suits to look dapper at Wembley

It's the financial implications I fear about for us.
Rebuild for how long? Don’t you think Leeds, Forest etc thought it would be that easy?

Lads its not the 90's anymore - clubs get the TV money for a number of season via parachute payments hence why clubs like Fulham and Norwich making a killing off being yoyo clubs.

Yes we'll have to boot a few big earners off the books like DCL, Mina, Pickford but there fees + Moshiri being a mad man with his dough will tie us over.

Dont fear something you cant control. You dont go to bed every night worrying you might not wake up so dont be worrying about Evertons finances.

Just seen this on sky.

Attachments

• DB6C2D33-5E0B-437A-9CE2-F2E8AA3D5F2D.jpeg
    DB6C2D33-5E0B-437A-9CE2-F2E8AA3D5F2D.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 117
I dont fear relegation like most on here - Leicester, Villa, West Ham, Wolves, Newcastle all clubs that have recently gone down and all are currently miles ahead of us with brighter futures.

If we go down, we rebuild and go again, NEA.
I fear it to be honest! We’d become a laughing stock and cautionary tale to be taken the piss out of for many a year, the original big 5 club out of the top flight! I’m not ready to accept that at all.. tradition means a lot to me and I’m proud of the fact we haven’t had the ignominy of being in the lesser league, it’s absolutely unacceptable we get into that position, I’m not having it

Lads its not the 90's anymore - clubs get the TV money for a number of season via parachute payments hence why clubs like Fulham and Norwich making a killing off being yoyo clubs.

Yes we'll have to boot a few big earners off the books like DCL, Mina, Pickford but there fees + Moshiri being a mad man with his dough will tie us over.

Dont fear something you cant control. You dont go to bed every night worrying you might not wake up so dont be worrying about Evertons finances.
I don't want to come across patronising here mate but I think you're being a tad naive.

We are currently under strict restrictions from the premier League, everything we do has to be agreed with them to show we aren't breaching the loss quota even more.

Norwich and Fulham do not have the wages and contracts we do.

If we go down, it could turn real sour. The parachute payments might give us one crack at promotion, but it would have to be with this same squad, do you fancy them? I don't

I’m not arsed about the finances, more the fact a club the size of Everton have been allowed to get into this state.

And of course, suddenly the tables would be turned. We’d be battering teams and winning most of our games. Would be a feel good factor back at the club.
Isn’t be the rebirth needed

I know Palace will take us seriously but in reality it is more a less a bye to the semi final for them. I expect they are already choosing their suits to look dapper at Wembley
Put dobbin in at least and maybe another young midfielder definitely branthwaite if they do any worse than supposedly first teamers I’ll hold my hands up

I can't help but feel responsible for the club being in this position. According to the happy clappers we just need to sing and clap more at the game and everything will be alright. Who knew eh?! If only I'd clapped and sung louder under Silva we'd of won the league by now! ?

I fear it to be honest! We’d become a laughing stock and cautionary tale to be taken the piss out of for many a year, the original big 5 club out of the top flight! I’m not ready to accept that at all.. tradition means a lot to me and I’m proud of the fact we haven’t had the ignominy of being in the lesser league, it’s absolutely unacceptable we get into that position, I’m not having it

Rafael Benitez relegated Everton will go down in kopite history. It'd be Shankley... Benitez...in that order of their lizard hierarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.