Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telling you now, Newcastle will overwhelm our midfield if same system is played and will just out battle us in 50/50 situations, they will leave a solid back line to sweep up our desperate long balls when we gain possession, rinse and repeat for 90 minutes

Newcastle played a different system today - given they were away at Chelsea - but have played a consistent 4-3-3 for months. We absolutely have to match up the formation and win the individual battles.
I despair every time I see a 2 in midfield.

Just forget the games in hand, we have won 1 in 18 games why would we now win 4 or 5 in 12??? NEWS FLASH we still have the exact same players!

Forget games in hand they only mean something if you get anything from them.....

What really gets my goat is that with 20 games to go everyone was like "Yeah we`ll be sound we got games in hand" 8 games later we are as close to the relegation zone you can actually get without being in it yet people are still peddling the same line. It is idiotic, we arent OK just because we have games in hand but we are going down because other teams can get points and WE CAN NOT!!!!

This. People need to see that they mean nothing. Also the idea that the teams below us are worse is also nothing to cling to. We are not winning enough games and have not been since the end of September. And the crap below us are slowly creeping up and we have to play two of them away.

Just realised we have the Quarter Final this Sunday.

Assuming we are already down this may be our last realistic chance of FA Cup silverware for the foreseeable.

Do we play a slightly weaker team against Newcastle-upon-Tyne Thursday and save the big guns for Sunday?

VDB, Dele and El Ghazi are all cup tied so I would have all them in the team, would also play the likes of Patterson, Branthwaite, Rondon - players on the fringe who are hungry and want to stake a place in the team on sunday.

Assuming we are already down this may be our last realistic chance of FA Cup silverware for the foreseeable.

Do we play a slightly weaker team against Newcastle-upon-Tyne Thursday and save the big guns for Sunday?

VDB, Dele and El Ghazi are all cup tied so I would have all them in the team, would also play the likes of Patterson, Branthwaite, Rondon - players on the fringe who are hungry and want to stake a place in the team on sunday.
WHAT

Newcastle played a different system today - given they were away at Chelsea - but have played a consistent 4-3-3 for months. We absolutely have to match up the formation and win the individual battles.
I despair every time I see a 2 in midfield.
2 in midfield and I’m done with it! Majority of games are won and lost in that department, I’m seriously thinking about not going the game, because I can see what’s coming and I’ve got to be up next day at 6am to go and work, only missed today because I had my daughter and I’m glad I wasn’t there

We haven’t got a weaker team. All the teams we put out are weak.

The Cup can do one, we need to stay in the league.

I could not care less about Sunday.

1) what does it even fkin matter if we are going down?

2) we won't win anyway

We are down. I've remained positive that we will turn a corner, but we're down and I think we will actually finish bottom.

Just hope we don't end up in a state of administration
don’t agree. I think we‘ve only a one in three chance of it. 538 says 38% chance ….
People are much too negative.
Positivity is so important, I know the club has got a poor manager, but the crowd can bring that.
marginal gains and all that.
as I say though, two wins changes everything

You want a weakened team in a must win survival game?

Are you Wumming again?

Weaker in terms of "name" i.e
no DCL/Richarlison however you could argue both deserve a kick up the anus and other players given a chance.

Thursday night is under the lights against the Saudi Murderer owned Geordies - its a game that will sort itself out imo.

Sunday is a massive game - win that and confidence is right up there could be whats needed to turn the season around.

Status
Not open for further replies.