Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the obvious (great spirit, total BS on the penalty), there were a couple of less obvious things I was pleased to see that we haven't seen enough at Everton for a while.

Little things like surrounding the ref. Berating the linesman. Alli going into Ederson. Coleman and Foden going at each other.

Sounds daft but these for me are encouraging signs. Be snide. Stop being such a soft touch.
Good to see Seamus pointing at the VAR TV to the ref

It always strange how they get these super Sundays, where you got the top 4 play 1 another the same day or derby day Sundays. TV ruined football as Clough said it would, before Sky smaller clubs could challenge teams like the RS. Football was relatively honest, now match going fans only bring in a small amount of they money brought in. Meaning clubs who have large TV audiences are favoured over smaller clubs. As the BT sport commentator mistakenly let slip, Rangers weren't supposed to beat Dortmund, it,s not designed that way. In the past teams like Red Star Belgrade, Ferencvaros, Widzew Lodz and Anderlecht could challenge the RS fairly. Now it,s designed to keep the big teams in where they,re guaranteed 6 points against the bottom side and can be helped to beat a Napoli or something.
The big teams bring the money unfortunately and that’s why the decisions go against teams like us.

Even if you don’t think there is enough evidence to overrule (seems oretty damn clear to most people tho) surely you suggest the ref himself has another look?

It’s not subjective when the ball is literally sitting on his forearm. Subjective is maybe there wasn’t enough contact for a foul…This is just wrong on so many fronts

Let's have it straight, we we're robbed of a very good point today! That was a blatant pen and there is no one that will say otherwise. Played some good hard football, play like this we are staying up. I will say though, Lampard should not have brought on forward players when we're holding onto a game.
We needed out-balls at the top of the pitch and our forward players were tiring. There was only so much pressure our defence could take. Holding on to the ball in city's half is also a form of defence so I can see what frank was trying to do.

hahahahahaha. Lad, you’ve watched Leeds & Brentford get pumped today and then watched us undeservedly lose against the best team in the League & you still think we’re going down? Hahahahahahahaa

If it was down to football and ability we never go down but look at decisions in every game this season, all go against us. Thats what I mean it is being engineered.

He'd already anticipated the ball and was looking to clear. Was hard lines for him
No it wasn't hard lines... it was rubbish play from a rubbish footballer ...took him an age to shift his weight and feet when he realised the ball was going the other way ... has to be quicker than that ....has the mobility of a lego man

Status
Not open for further replies.