2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I was making about Kendall is he would of been out the door if it was left to your modern SKY sports brigade of fan...

Quick question... please provide me with the name of the manager who is coming in with this magic wand ?
He was close at the time, as was Ferguson but it wasn't in an era that wanted instant success, it was also a much more even playing field.

We see the results now and what you see os a team in free fall, Arsenal was a rally but it won't be sustained, in part due to the players but mainly to how we are being set up, coached and in game instruction, we or should I say the game has moved on since his last Prem stint, his results speak volumes and while there is no magic wand.

A new keen manager, determined to prove himself is where I personally would start, in the mould of a Moyes type appointment. There are many out there, we have to move away from the same 4-6 names constantly mentioned and be brave and Moshiri needs to stop looking at Marquee appointments, he is culpable in this mire we see in too.

I see nothing from Benitez to say he will change his approach, he will poison the club as is already the case with the fanbase, its a tragic situation.

We start with addressing matters on the pitch first, hence my fervour in my responses.

A family of Blue since the 30's and I have never felt so distant from them as I do and like a good few on here I've lived through Walker and Walter(RIP)

I said a few weeks back, my lad, 17 now, looked me right in the eye and said, almost pleading, Why did you have to choose Everton, my reply was I didn't, but it cut me to the core.

The point I was making about Kendall is he would of been out the door if it was left to your modern SKY sports brigade of fan...

Quick question... please provide me with the name of the manager who is coming in with this magic wand ?
Even Kendall had semi-reasonable first 2 seasons - 8th and 7th so he had bought himself a bit of time.

The only thing the waiter has shown is that he should be relieved of his duties with immediate effect.

Last edited:
Being born in the 1970s surely must give you good old traditional values of judging managers only when they have been given time.. money and the tools to be able to do the job before judging him... No..

I am not putting you in the same bracket but there is an awful lot on here who made the decision they didn’t want Benitez because of his background before he was appointed, nothing to do with his managerial ability these are the people who pipe up after every poor result.
I was all for giving him time like I said, but he looks to be causing more problems with time rather than improving things. We are terrible and from what I've seen the tactics, style and set piece set up are to blame. Plenty of games we've had 9 or 10 of our first team available and we've been rubbish. I don't think he's got what it takes tbh. All top managers adapt, they say they need to because the game changes and I don't think he has over the years. So that's it. With the limited money available I think what we do have would be flushed down the toilet by backing him. I get that he was in a tough position coming in and I dont care abut past comments but he's not helping himself in that regard having conflict after conflict. I still haven't heard him say he made a wrong decision about any tactical decision and for footballing reasons I don't think he's the man to get the job done. I think we are in trouble if we give him any more control and too much time

Hand on heart are you seriously suggesting this team could go down when you know for a fact there are about four or five teams far worse. The performance v Arsenal and the never give up attitude which was displayed.. give you it’s not been displayed too often.. this team has shown it has capable of it and those five teams below have never demonstrated they have it in them, this is just ludicrous for fans to think about relagation just because the team is in a very poor run of form and fixtures on the back of an injury crisis too...

The reason for such hysteria is because Benitez is an ex reds manager and some fans are loving the current crisis because they can say they were right all along about speaking up against his appointment.. people need to be honest.. even if a trophy was won it still wouldn’t be enough for some.

Nope. Always said we won't go down based on, like you say, the one off game and the fact we have quality in areas other teams can't.

My opinion is purely based on what I see each game in comparison to last season.

16 games in last season we were 6th on 29 points. Scored 27 Conceded 22.

This season - 14th. 18 points 20 scored 28 conceded.

Massive drop

I can accept losing games if we actually play some football and i can see a style of play or a vision we are building towards, and players giving 100%.

I cannot accept this absolute dross we are serving up every week. Setting up so defensively when we all know we cant defend, and offer F all going forward.

Its boring and makes me very disinterested and upset about what my club has become! The players have to take some of the blame as they have underperformed for many managers now, but Benitez takes all the blame for the style of play which i cannot endure much longer!

Guaranteed after Thursday's game he's going to mention Richarlison before anything else . I'm gutted we are going to miss one of our very best players but I'm more upset that the overpaid prat is going to get a free get out of jail card . Slimey toad .

I can accept losing games if we actually play some football and i can see a style of play or a vision we are building towards, and players giving 100%.

I cannot accept this absolute dross we are serving up every week. Setting up so defensively when we all know we cant defend, and offer F all going forward.

Its boring and makes me very disinterested and upset about what my club has become! The players have to take some of the blame as they have underperformed for many managers now, but Benitez takes all the blame for the style of play which i cannot endure much longer!
I get what you say about Benitez taking the blame for the way the team plays... so how much of this can Benitez be the fall guy for if the players he has at his disposal are ones he inherited and can’t implement what he wants to achieve out on the pitch..
I honestly get your point about managers having a certain style of play when they get going but if you look at Benitez style of play with other clubs he has managed or when he has had the correct personnel to carry out his orders his teams are not as poor or defensive to watch as you may think.. this leads me to believe it’s because he’s working with players not able to carry out his instructions down to lack of ability..

I get what you say about Benitez taking the blame for the way the team plays... so how much of this can Benitez be the fall guy for if the players he has at his disposal are ones he inherited and can’t implement what he wants to achieve out on the pitch..
I honestly get your point about managers having a certain style of play when they get going but if you look at Benitez style of play with other clubs he has managed or when he has had the correct personnel to carry out his orders his teams are not as poor or defensive to watch as you may think.. this leads me to believe it’s because he’s working with players not able to carry out his instructions down to lack of ability..
What are your views on Salah not making it on to the FifPro team of the year shortlist?

Laughable how the acolytes have managed to lower the bar to the point that avoiding relegation is now considered a triumph
It seems to be a constantly moving bar?‍♂️

I pray we don't have another Wimbledon or Bolton year? but they would see that as a triumph.

In fairness to the rafaboys the relief was as much of a high!! But I never wanna go through it again.

Bang on the money with this post your completely right no other manager will do any better under current circumstances.
Its funny all the Benitez haters pipe up after a bad result but remain quiet when the team wins like against Arsenal, I call them the SKY sports generation.. want managers sacked after a few bad results, don’t really blame them as they born and brought up with this new modern way of thinking. What do you think would of happend to Howard back in 1983 against Coventry City with these sorts of fans around wanting to pull the trigger, no success would of followed if they had there way, sometimes the storm needs to be ridden out.

I dont really get the sky sports reference as kendall was under pressure in 1983. Way before sky sports. Questioning the manager didnt get invented in 1992. Fans were vocal after the Arsenal game. Mainly gesturing a sigh of relief we distanced ourselves a bit from the relegation zone. That in itself says almost everything.
The difference also with kendall was he was a young manager with great man management skills.
Benitez has had his day. And it was quite a long time ago. Im afraid the description dinosaur fits aptly.

Status
Not open for further replies.