2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But this stems back to is he being able to put his managerial stamp on things when he has not been able to field his best players, has not been provided with decent funds to implement the changes he wants too and has so many fans on his back scrutinising every decision he makes hoping he will fail so they can say they were right... hardly a fair environment to judge somebody.
Doesn’t some of it come down to tactics, playing 2 in midfield against City and Liverpool, taking a very well drilled defence and turning it into a shambles, sitting back and ceding possession to the mighty Brentford and Crystal Palace?

Then we have the allegations that he has already alienated Digne and Allan, the way he threw Coleman under the bus yesterday I would suspect that he is another one who is not happy with him. Kevin Campbell said today that he believes that Benitez has also fallen out with Richarlison.

Finally, I would just say that the ‘Sky Generation’ as you refer to them, are as entitled to their opinion as anybody else. It’s not just them giving out about Benitez either, I have been very critical on many occasions and will continue to be so, the reason for this is that he is making a terrible mess of the job and he is being a divisive influence, his tactics are Jurassic and although he used to be a successful manager, that period of his career is long past and will not be coming back.

By the way, I am not of the Sky generation, I started going to Goodison in the early 60’s and I have seen great times and bad times, but, in my opinion, this is the worst period in Everton’s history and Benitez is playing a big part in that.

After the leicester game on sunday we have a decent run of fixtures until the end of february.We should pick up enough points to see us right for this season.
We have just recently seen where Leicester City moved to with a recent win and they were only a point ahead.. 2 wins with the fixtures the team has coming up after Chelsea could lift them to just outside top six.. this is why there is no need for mass hysteria like we are seeing, the key to it is to get the players back fit and playing with confidence, we know the fight is there because it’s been there most of season, it’s just the ability that lacks at times and the stupid individual mistakes.

We have just recently seen where Leicester City moved to with a recent win and they were only a point ahead.. 2 wins with the fixtures the team has coming up after Chelsea could lift them to just outside top six.. this is why there is no need for mass hysteria like we are seeing..
OK, we lost to Brentford, Watford and Palace in this turgid run. Palace utterly dominated us two days ago, why you think Benitez can put together a consistent run against poor opposition is beyond me. This manager is a disaster.

Doesn’t some of it come down to tactics, playing 2 in midfield against City and Liverpool, taking a very well drilled defence and turning it into a shambles, sitting back and ceding possession to the mighty Brentford and Crystal Palace?

Then we have the allegations that he has already alienated Digne and Allan, the way he threw Coleman under the bus yesterday I would suspect that he is another one who is not happy with him. Kevin Campbell said today that he believes that Benitez has also fallen out with Richarlison.

Finally, I would just say that the ‘Sky Generation’ as you refer to them, are as entitled to their opinion as anybody else. It’s not just them giving out about Benitez either, I have been very critical on many occasions and will continue to be so, the reason for this is that he is making a terrible mess of the job and he is being a divisive influence, his tactics are Jurassic and although he used to be a successful manager, that period of his career is long past and will not be coming back.

By the way, I am not of the Sky generation, I started going to Goodison in the early 60’s and I have seen great times and bad times, but, in my opinion, this is the worst period in Everton’s history and Benitez is playing a big part in that.
Listen there will always be diversion between traditionalists and the SKY generation, both have been brought up on totally different values, it’s up to the individual person to decide which values they want to go with. The sacking of managers or calling for there heads after a few poor results is a modern thing same with calling players world class when they play four good games on the bounce, it’s up to people to decide if it’s the right way to go.. Benitez is definately being judged by the SKY Sports generation and let’s be honest if the same values were applied years ago there would be no 1984/85 success with Kendall and no Success at United under Fergie as both would of been sacked.

Listen there will always be diversion between traditionalists and the SKY generation, both have been brought up on totally different values, it’s up to the individual person to decide which values they want to go with. The sacking of managers or calling for there heads after a few poor results is a modern thing same with calling players world class when they play four good games on the bounce, it’s up to people to decide if it’s the right way to go.. Benitez is definately being judged by the SKY Sports generation and let’s be honest if the same values were applied years ago there would be no 1984/85 success with Kendall and no Success at United under Fergie as both would of been sacked.
Contrary to popular belief Kendall’s first 2 seasons were nothing like as bad as this and, even though it was before the Sky Generation, I can well remember being given handouts before games calling for his dismissal. Make no mistake, if Kendall had been as bad as Benitez is proving, he would have been sacked. Yes Everton held their nerve with Kendall as did Utd. with Ferguson, but, neither of them looked as far out of touch and out of their depth as Benitez currently does.

What have Leeds got to do with Benitez?

Bielsa has been a name that people constantly put forward last season as someone who could be managing Everton. He was apparently a real coach (as opposed to Ancelotti). Well he’s got his own squad, has had numerous seasons with them, and had money to spend. He’s currently in the bottom 3 and getting pummelled left right and centre.

That is a basis on which you can build an argument for firing a manager. Not someone who was parachuted in during the summer, given beans to spend, had an injury crisis, and still has us in mid table.

As a supporter from Pre-Sky days I don't remember any of our teams having no passion at all when they get on the pitch . Kendall's start was iffy but we could see what he was trying to do . He was a progressive manager who moved with the times and often beyond .
He was only young don't forget and his ideas of having a midfield like the one he was part of was long way off but we could all tell it was progressing .
Can you say the same about our shambles of a manager ? If he doesn't have the talent then coach them to make up their short falls with a bit of hussle .
I'm frankly upset anyone has the nerve to compare Howard with this piece of [Poor language removed] .
Benitez is supposed to be experienced . A lot more than Howard was when he took over.

Kendall got 8 points from that nine game run though (prior to the Coventry game). If Benitez had picked up 8 points from these past nine games, he'd probably be under a lot less pressure.

Instead he's got four points. Its relegation form no matter how many new posters repeat the same mantra.

Bielsa has been a name that people constantly put forward last season as someone who could be managing Everton. He was apparently a real coach (as opposed to Ancelotti). Well he’s got his own squad, has had numerous seasons with them, and had money to spend. He’s currently in the bottom 3 and getting pummelled left right and centre.

That is a basis on which you can build an argument for firing a manager. Not someone who was parachuted in during the summer, given beans to spend, had an injury crisis, and still has us in mid table.

TBF the biggest parallel between Benitez and Bielsa is how obvious these turns of events were to anyone who knew anything about how they manage teams.

As a supporter from Pre-Sky days I don't remember any of our teams having no passion at all when they get on the pitch . Kendall's start was iffy but we could see what he was trying to do . He was a progressive manager who moved with the times and often beyond .
He was only young don't forget and his ideas of having a midfield like the one he was part of was long way off but we could all tell it was progressing .
Can you say the same about our shambles of a manager ? If he doesn't have the talent then coach them to make up their short falls with a bit of hussle .
I'm frankly upset anyone has the nerve to compare Howard with this piece of [Poor language removed] .
Benitez is supposed to experienced . A lot more than Howard was when he took over.

Comparisons between managers from different eras are always fruitless. The game is just completely different.

And yet the likes of Chelsea, Barca and Real Madrid do it all the time and get loads of success.

There is no pattern to this kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.