Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks promising, but not for me.

Anywhere top half would be very decent.

Depends on whether Benitez gets targets in January secured to increase options on the bench.
This is key. There is no way the team can keep this intensity going using the same players every game and that is before you factor in injuries and suspensions.

Why tho?

David Moyes got 4th with a worse squad than this.

He had 4 years at the club before getting 4th (with a paltry 61 points, btw) and Everton were pretty much one of the few PL clubs at that point capable of getting consistently into Europe. That's all changed.

He had 4 years at the club before getting 4th (with a paltry 61 points, btw) and Everton were pretty much one of the few PL clubs at that point capable of getting consistently into Europe. That's all changed.
I aint scared of any team in the league Dave, bar City, they seem to have our number, I get why your downplaying things, cos your agenda, but I honestly dont see why we cant compete this season, we did for most of last and we have better players this season.

Think big.

And im not DEMANDING we compete, if we dont, we dont, but I see no reason why we should pat ourselves on the head and say never mind.

I aint scared of any team in the league Dave, bar City, they seem to have our number, I get why your downplaying things, cos your agenda, but I honestly dont see why we cant compete this season, we did for most of last and we have better players this season.

Think big.

And im not DEMANDING we compete, if we dont, we dont, but I see no reason why we should pat ourselves on the head and say never mind.
Of course we'll compete, but this squad is not good enough. The bench is the clear demonstration of that.

Midtable safety that should be the primary objective...then see if we can get higher than that if we have the points in the bag...but 2 signings in January are required for that IMO.

Of course we'll compete, but this squad is not good enough. The bench is the clear demonstration of that.

Midtable safety that should be the primary objective...then see if we can get higher than that if we have the points in the bag...but 2 signings in January are required for that IMO.
How can you say your support the manager and then ask for midtable?

What a horrible attitude, would hate to have your support!

How can you say your support the manager and then ask for midtable?

What a horrible attitude, would hate to have your support!
We are in a purple patch. I fully expect the team to go weeks without a win. We dont have the strength to win and draw the vast majority of games in a season...which is what you need to get top 4 (or even top 6).

No Benitez team will collapse the way the Italian fraud's did last season.
I know people hate the XG stats etc but they do tend to give an indication of how a season might turn out.

So far I believe we have won every game on the XG front this season - even today - whilst under Carlo we were massively over performing against our XG at the start of last season.

You’d hope this would obviously bode well for the rest of the season. Get to January in a decent position and hopefully get a couple in.

That was a good result and performance by the players, considering the difference in strength and quality of the two squads. So far the players are doing good. Hopefully they'll keep it up. All credit to them.

We are in a purple patch. I fully expect the team to go weeks without a win. We dont have the strength to win and draw the vast majority of games in a season...which is what you need to get top 4 (or even top 6).

As soon as Docuoure or Allan gets injured the results dry up because Davies is first sub. We’ll be ran through, he was a walking disaster in his cameo against United and was outclassed by QPR. If Pickford goes down we’re screwed, if Digne goes down we’re in trouble. We’re right on the edges with one injury in a key position. That’s what will screw us like it does most seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.