2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had us down for 5th or possibly 6th this season.

Expected 14pts after 6 games and 14pts after 7 games.

He's on track...hopefully we get a point or more against West Ham to continue this run.

Only stubborn folks couldn't like what's happening here.
Was Indifferent about his appointment, he has bought a bit of pride back to us. We play to win, Moyes didn't always do that. I like him, and I suspect the majority of the fan base like him.
Early days but we're playing well and how i want an Everton team to play.

I really like how tactical he is. He's improved our midfield immensely. We were so bad there last year, we had no idea what siggy was doing whether he was a 10 or an 8. When he was in the middle, that meant Doucoure was even deeper. Now Doucoure seems like he has a good understanding of what to do, and Allan is starting to look really good as well. They are looking solid in the middle, and it doesn't even look like we're playing them as DMs. Allan and Doucoure were always part of the build up play last year, but they're further forward. It's the defenders that bring the ball up.

At the start of the season I said we needed a top CM, because I wanted a playmaker to keep possession, Id still like that, but in this system its not necessary as Rafael knows.

I really like how tactical he is. He's improved our midfield immensely. We were so bad there last year, we had no idea what siggy was doing whether he was a 10 or an 8. When he was in the middle, that meant Doucoure was even deeper. Now Doucoure seems like he has a good understanding of what to do, and Allan is starting to look really good as well. They are looking solid in the middle, and it doesn't even look like we're playing them as DMs. Allan and Doucoure were always part of the build up play last year, but they're further forward. It's the defenders that bring the ball up.

At the start of the season I said we needed a top CM, because I wanted a playmaker to keep possession, Id still like that, but in this system its not necessary as Rafael knows.

Can’t be understated how much of a bonus it’s been not having him in the team btw. Some of us have been saying for years that he grinds the whole team to a halt, but get shot down with “but muh goals pens corners free kicks”. He has made us a worse team for the past 4 years just by being on the pitch.

I have followed him since 2005-6 , he is one the best i have seen. Give him 3 years, and you shall see yourself pushing for title, you will be attached to his style of management, the football, the players he will bring in, everything.How he gives top clubs run for their money with average budget is in itself an art. He is divisive though, divides fanbase into fans who start supporting him more then the club at times, i was one of them unfortunately.

Less than 100 days since he joined. Better style of play, fitness, attitude.

Few mugs still want him sacked, but imagine most of us happy with that

I actually believe he is right up there with the best, Tuchel and Klopp are exceptional, but I'm not sure they could outdo Rafael with the same set of resources. I have never liked Rafael for the same reasons as everyone else, but I have always admired his skill and commitment and was quietly pleased when we signed him. My hope now is that he can really put some firm foundations in place and teach Moshiri how to run a football club.
I have seen outdoing prime Mourinho, Fergie teams with lower budget couple of times . Won 1-4 at old Trafford against players like prime Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney. The only manager i have seen him struggling against was wenger's arsenal, it was always tough for him.

Last edited:
Can’t be understated how much of a bonus it’s been not having him in the team btw. Some of us have been saying for years that he grinds the whole team to a halt, but get shot down with “but muh goals pens corners free kicks”. He has made us a worse team for the past 4 years just by being on the pitch.

yep he was supremely overrated. I never felt like he improved the team at all. He doesn't suit the current team now anyway, so he probably would have been binned by Rafael as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.