2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think actually getting on the training pitch to get across what he expects is working to high heaven. If anyone could get anything from old Trafford as a manager it’s Rafael. Plus without main strikers etc unreal
Yep. Can you imagine the praise Chelsea, Man City and the like would receive from the media for a similar result with the same personnel problems? Everton just get “Everton held on for a draw” :rolleyes:

Was thinking before during the game. Can you imagine if he’d spent anywhere near the amount of his predecessors to spend. Hopefully we’d have the same work ethic but even higher quality.

I think this result/performance, he has to be given a lot of credit for. Wether you accept him or not. I didn’t want him, but this today, with the players out, gave my head a wobble. We played really well today and were unlucky not to win this game. I’ll hold my hands up and say, he’s winning me around. I posted early credit where it’s due.

I think actually getting on the training pitch to get across what he expects is working to high heaven. If anyone could get anything from old Trafford as a manager it’s Rafael. Plus without main strikers etc unreal
Great point today all considered.

Yet 8 months ago we claimed an even more difficult point at Old Trafford under another manager. 2-0 down at half time.

Yes we had DCL & Richy out today , but in the 3-3 draw we had no Pickford ,Yerry Mina or Allan.
So he's not the only one to get anything from Old Trafford.

Most football clubs - including Manchester United and Arsenal - are managed by people who are out of their depth or who are chancing their arm. We are one of the lucky ones to finally have somebody who is committed and knows what he is doing. There's no substitute for sheer competence as United are now belatedly beginning to realise. We had the same issue with Silva. Style, sentiment, and all those other fuzzy things are mere packaging that will never overcome the simple lack of content.

Senor Benitez knows what he is doing. He is the only demonstrably competent professional in situ in the managerial and senior ranks of our club. We had competence with Carlo last term, but one always had doubts about the commitment. Credit to Moshiri for finally getting it right. He now needs to ensure that the brain is now supported with suitable brawn come January and again in the summer because Senor Benitez would appear to be in it for the long haul. This is, precisely the stability we need.

Great point today all considered.

Yet 8 months ago we claimed an even more difficult point at Old Trafford under another manager. 2-0 down at half time.

Yes we had DCL & Richy out today , but in the 3-3 draw we had no Pickford ,Yerry Mina or Allan.
So he's not the only one to get anything from Old Trafford.

Pickford, at that point last season, was no major loss tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.