2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 50% of our squad are cart horses - doesn't mean I want them out the door for any other reason that they are not good enough / not suited to this team/system.

James is gone mate - move on he's not the messiah.
I didn’t suggest he was the messiah, you are moving the goalposts again, you specifically referred to James as a cart horse, now you are suggesting he is a good player. If somebody is a cart horse they can not be considered a good player, that is oxymoronic. Honestly you change like the wind.

Koeman did it to Niasse, but he really was crap and I think is out of work now, Benitez just happens to have ostracized our best rated player from last season and a recognised world star. Only Everton could balls this up so badly!
Regardless of whether you rate James or not, Benitez obstinacy is scary and he is setting himself up really badly if results start to turn worse.

I didn’t suggest he was the messiah, you are moving the goalposts again, you specifically referred to James as a cart horse, now you are suggesting he is a good player. If somebody is a cart horse they can not be considered a good player, that is oxymoronic. Honestly you change like the wind.

Talented player and great player are two totally different things.

By all accounts Iwobi is talented yet you dont see it often on the pitch hence he isn't a great player.

James is extremely talented - but his awful injury record, slow/immobile physical attributes and lack of any defensive qualities makes him a cart horse in English football.

Doesn't mean he's a bad player or cant pull off moments of magic as he can but he isn't a great player in English football he just isn't. The fact he could end up in some arabian league in the middle of timbuktu is evidence of this.

Unfortunately need a Telegraph sub to read Bascombe's article from Sept 2020.

Nah, you just need to do the trick with the Escape key

FWIW, I went through his other articles on James - this appears to be the first time he's quoted any sort of figure on his wages

Not that particularly means anything, but he doesn't appear to have changed his tune on specific numbers

Talented player and great player are two totally different things.

By all accounts Iwobi is talented yet you dont see it often on the pitch hence he isn't a great player.

James is extremely talented - but his awful injury record, slow/immobile physical attributes and lack of any defensive qualities makes him a cart horse in English football.

Doesn't mean he's a bad player or cant pull off moments of magic as he can but he isn't a great player in English football he just isn't. The fact he could end up in some arabian league in the middle of timbuktu is evidence of this.
Cart horse is descriptive of neither a talented player or a great player or even a decent player. Cart horse is a derogatory term used to describe a player with little or no skill who just charges about the pitch. It’s ok I’m sure we will be seeing lots of cart horses out there soon enough.

Cart horse is descriptive of neither a talented player or a great player or even a decent player. Cart horse is a derogatory term used to describe a player with little or no skill who just charges about the pitch. It’s ok I’m sure we will be seeing lots of cart horses out there soon enough.

Semantics cart horse is also a term for a slow plodder - James and Gomes both suit the term perfectly regardless of them being good on the ball.

Semantics cart horse is also a term for a slow plodder - James and Gomes both suit the term perfectly regardless of them being good on the ball.
I’m sure you are aware that is not correct and to refer to James as a plodder is nearly as ridiculous as referring to him as a cart horse. Would it be fair to say that either, when you referred to James as a cart horse, or, when you said that you were sensible enough to know he is a good player, one or other of the statements was not altogether an accurate description of your true opinion?

Everton Football Club are not small time. A section of the fans act it but we aren't.
Spot on here mate. All Everton fans want the best for Everton, the best players on the pitch, the best subs on the bench. Group 1's however are dead against this. These hideous abominations want to see the mighty blues team and bench weakened as it perversely masks their own inadequacies. No blue would want to see the Everton team and bench weakened, what say you on this mate? ?

I’m sure you are aware that is not correct and to refer to James as a plodder is nearly as ridiculous as referring to him as a cart horse. Would it be fair to say that either, when you referred to James as a cart horse, or, when you said that you were sensible enough to know he is a good player, one or other of the statements was not altogether an accurate description of your true opinion?

Semantics.

Utd fans called Lukaku a cart horse as he had put weight on and was bulky/slow.

Didn't have anything to do with his quality.

There are plenty of players who get sidelined or the manager not keen on them and do their best to work their way into consideration

The fact he's willing to go to Qatar instead of that speaks volumes to me personally

No one in Colombia will respect his decision either
Spot on mate. The fact that the manager is refusing to play him and is pushing him out of the door speaks ? volumes to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.