2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Rodríguez is in Doha because he was not convinced to play in the Middle East, but Jorge Mendes recommended that he go to see the city, the team and personally negotiate the terms and salary of his contract. At this time they have dinner with the Colombian. No agreement yet (From twitter)

Regular midtable finishes, midtable sized stadium, haven't won a trophy in more than 25 years, haven't been in Europe in 4 years now, regularly humped by the bigger teams.

We are small time. No one cares how good we used to be just like no one cares about Notts Forest or Blackburn etc.
Rubbish mate.

Regular midtable finishes, midtable sized stadium, haven't won a trophy in more than 25 years, haven't been in Europe in 4 years now, regularly humped by the bigger teams.

We are small time. No one cares how good we used to be just like no one cares about Notts Forest or Blackburn etc.
Hiring managers and players who had gone off to retire, fans saying 12th is an acceptable finish, not able to name a full bench 3 games into the season......

There are plenty of players who get sidelined or the manager not keen on them and do their best to work their way into consideration

The fact he's willing to go to Qatar instead of that speaks volumes to me personally

No one in Colombia will respect his decision either

I think ultimately James knew he would never fit a Benitez model hence him wanting to leave. No one wanted him as they were likely still needing to pay £100k p/w as he won't be available for every game and the ones he does play he won't do the whole match. This means you have to be a rich team with space for an enigmatic star. If Everton were considering signing him I would say know but because he was here I wanted to utilise. Absolute fabulous player unfortunately made of glass.
Basically total waste of space. Nobody in his right mind will pay actual money for the guy. So Middle East is the right destination. They have more money than brains over there!

Sorry I'm going upper mid with ambitions to be top six.

I love Everton but I'm not delusional to think we're big anymore. We haven't been big in my lifetime.
I was 4 last time we won something. David moyes days are the lofty heights of my lifetime. Couple of trips to see us lose at Wembley and a 4th place finish once.

I mean we hired allardyce.

I love our history, but it's not recent. I was chatting with a Leicester fan on sat and he was talking about how great we were in the 80s. Over 30 years ago now. How long does it stay relevant?

I love Everton but I'm not delusional to think we're big anymore. We haven't been big in my lifetime.
If you don't mind me asking how old are you, I am 57 and been lucky to see the blues at the top. Since the late 80's though we have been a very mediocre team with the odd good season under Royle (Fa cup), Moyes and a decent one with Martinez before it went completely pear-shaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.