2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, at least Lukaku was able & willing, professional, never injured & hard working.
Still, I expect more from lads like DCL, I do hope he has a soft spot for us and might stay a bit longer despite other clubs sniffing around.
I have a sinking feeling he will be off if we don't get at least some sort of European football. Hopefully the club refuses to be bullied and demands the highest possible fee.

Yeah, at least Lukaku was able & willing, professional, never injured & hard working.
Still, I expect more from lads like DCL, I do hope he has a soft spot for us and might stay a bit longer despite other clubs sniffing around.
It's all conjecture that James isn't able, willing, professional or hard working though. You may not feel like he runs around enough on the pitch, but that's not his game and never has been. Injury wise, yeah, it's frustrating, but we knew that signing him.

DCL wouldn't even commit to us when asked earlier this year. Barkley was a boyhood blue and still screwed us over. Players don't want to be midtable dross so no point getting annoyed at them for wanting to get out of it. Especially when you and the manager obviously don't like each other (regardless of whose fault).

If this goes through with other potential exits in jan. I hope the club have deals in place ready to go on the first of January. Unfortunately we all know, we will be scraping around for loans on the last day

They must have had major issues in their past that they can’t find a way to work together.
I am very happy with what Benitez has done so far with the team but can’t agree on excluding James. He is such a game changer player that we don’t have anyone close to.. him with Gray to feed .. I dont know if we’ll ever know the real story. Crying shame though.

Doesn’t mean turn in Benitez.. he just has to keep delivering in spite of this…

Its a thing called "work-rate"
But thats never been his game to be sprinting around all game. May as well get a team of niasse and stracq then if that's what you want. (And they are both players I love as I love workrate too, but I accept that not all players fit that mould). James is a luxury player, yes, because he is incredibly gifted at his game and when the workrate isn't working, you need that quality.

Wait?

No other decent team decided to take him?

Odd...

Nice one for the Richarlison assist at the pit, but good riddance.

Said time and time again - we can't slate the mentality of this team and then give him a free pass.

He swerved playing for the club because he felt tired. Ancelotti's words, not mine.

His international setup told him to jog on because although he wasn't injured, he'd been sat on his arse playing games and not fit.

He made disrespectful comments towards the club while sat on his arse, playing those games. "I don't even know who Everton are playing next"

There's a reason we were able to sign him. There's a reason why only bottom of the league in Turkey, and a team in Qatar want him.
Brilliant post

But thats never been his game to be sprinting around all game. May as well get a team of niasse and stracq then if that's what you want. (And they are both players I love as I love workrate too, but I accept that not all players fit that mould). James is a luxury player, yes, because he is incredibly gifted at his game and when the workrate isn't working, you need that quality.
Ok mate, his willing to play for us and resilience has been evident. Let's forget he willingly came out and said the only reason he's here is because Ancelotti is. Pretty much making the club look small time.

But he is never going to play, for whatever reason, so may as well save some money if possible
Logic, flawed but logic nonetheless. He's only not going to play because of the manager, nothing else.

Instead, when we are chasing a game we are going to see more of iwobi, Delph who have consistently failed here, or young flash Gordon to come on a make things happen?

It's a poor, short sighted decision purely for football reasons, never mind the financials, especially if we're subsidising the wages?!

Ok mate, his willing to play for us and resilience has been evident. Let's forget he willingly came out and said the only reason he's here is because Ancelotti is. Pretty much making the club look small time.
We are small time though. We signed begovic, lonergran, rondon, townsend and Gray (hopefully he stays class but he hasn't done that at any club so far). We have fans accepting we should be aiming for mid table. That screams small time.

Wait?

No other decent team decided to take him?

Odd...

Nice one for the Richarlison assist at the pit, but good riddance.

Said time and time again - we can't slate the mentality of this team and then give him a free pass.

He swerved playing for the club because he felt tired. Ancelotti's words, not mine.

His international setup told him to jog on because although he wasn't injured, he'd been sat on his arse playing games and not fit.

He made disrespectful comments towards the club while sat on his arse, playing those games. "I don't even know who Everton are playing next"

There's a reason we were able to sign him. There's a reason why only bottom of the league in Turkey, and a team in Qatar want him.
There it is.

We are small time though. We signed begovic, lonergran, rondon, townsend and Gray (hopefully he stays class but he hasn't done that at any club so far). We have fans accepting we should be aiming for mid table. That screams small time.
Everton Football Club are not small time. A section of the fans act it but we aren't.

Everton Football Club are not small time. A section of the fans act it but we aren't.

Regular midtable finishes, midtable sized stadium, haven't won a trophy in more than 25 years, haven't been in Europe in 4 years now, regularly humped by the bigger teams.

We are small time. No one cares how good we used to be just like no one cares about Notts Forest or Blackburn etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.