2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What! He's on £45,325,999 a week?!?!

Thought I'd better get that i while I still can. :)

I don't care anymore. I just find it funny that he was lauded when he came, he was lauded after the derby win which was only this year and then since he gets injured and misses the last game of the season and we hire a manager who hates him, he is the devil incarnate.

372.gif

This is a monumental moment in the Benitez era and Evertons. No more overpaid wasters. Hardworking dynamic football. We will have money to spend but we will spend it wisely. A solid state going into bmd.

Be boss if Benitez gets us our last trophy at goodison. If not ill settle for first trophy in bmd.

Thanks for that assisted James. Adios.

What! He's on £45,325,999 a week?!?!

Thought I'd better get that i while I still can. :)

I don't care anymore. I just find it funny that he was lauded when he came, he was lauded after the derby win which was only this year and then since he gets injured and misses the last game of the season and we hire a manager who hates him, he is the devil incarnate.

372.gif

Its both sidess though isnt it - most of us are sensible enough to suggest he's a good player just not suited to English Football / Benitez's system so can not justify keeping him as a bench player on the wage he is on.

For the extreme on one side you have the "best player at the club" "build the team around him FSW" "how we going to beat teams like Burnley without James on the pitch" extremes on the other end who thinks the sun shines out of his rectum and evil Benitez/Everton are turfing him out.

Its both sidess though isnt it - most of us are sensible enough to suggest he's a good player just not suited to English Football / Benitez's system so can not justify keeping him as a bench player on the wage he is on.

For the extreme on one side you have the "best player at the club" "build the team around him FSW" "how we going to beat teams like Burnley without James on the pitch" extremes on the other end.
He is suited just fine to English football. He showed that last season.

The managers system, yeah of course, that's why I am not overly bothered about him going because he aint going to play him anyway which is another discussion entirely, however if the results keep coming then nobody will be bothered...

From Bascombe in the Telegraph...

(And I'm going to get the popcorn for the replies)

"The Colombian signed a two-year Goodison deal worth £250k a week in 2020. His contract included a clause to activate a third year based on appearances. Given Rodriguez was only available for 48 per cent of the minutes Everton played last season, that was not triggered. It never will be, either, given the understandable reticence to spend a further £26 million in wages on the 30-year-old over the next two campaigns."

:coffee:
oh, so the £460.000 per completed match was a conservative estimate then, it is 20% more

My god, the waste!

He is suited just fine to English football. He showed that last season.

The managers system, yeah of course, that's why I am not overly bothered about him going because he aint going to play him anyway which is another discussion entirely, however if the results keep coming then nobody will be bothered...
I hope the 3 nil results from the weekend don't keep coming

He will be match fit. When? Could have done with him being match fit for when dcl is unavailable. Like now.

And back to your scenario, letting James go now, doesn't help us bring in two hard working players, as we can't sign anyone now. We already don't have enough players for a full squad.
What did you propose us to do to get a DCL cover in??? Spend £0 on who? Rondon will be playing tonight and will be fit in a week. He's a professional with a great attitude.

Townsend and Gray are the two workers who take his place thanks very much.

The RS have a lot to answer for JR was never the same since VVD started the derby like a greyhound out of the traps , ran the length of the pitch and started booting the crap out of our players JR got the worst of it.
Just to clarify, This was said tongue in cheek on the basis that with a little imagination we can blame the RS for all our woes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.