2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
…even yesterday we carried threat, I’m sure had DCL & Richarlison been playing we’d have gone ahead. We look brittle defensively but the introduction of conventional wingers has made a big difference & we can cause problems for top teams.

The team model looks ok to me, the quality lacking in certain areas.
Yeah we look ok. Rondon looked well off the pace for PL football. Think it could well have been different if we had DCL and Richy playing.

Couldn’t get Doucoure up the pitch either which was a problem.

No mate im just fed up of a section of our fans acting like tossers because they dont like the manager.

Lose a pre season game = OMG GET HIM BINNED!!

Win a game 3-1 = OMG WE WUZ CRAP OUTSIDE OF 7 MINUTES!!

Lose a game with near half our starting 11 out injured = OMG HE'S USELESS TOLD YOU I WUZ RIGHT EEZ A FAT SPANISH WAITER!!

Its actually embarassing and going to be a long season until said "supporters" turn it in.
I don't think many have blamed the manager for yesterdays defeat. I think tactically we were pretty solid. Individual errors cost us from mainly 2 of our better players, Digne and Godfrey. The injuries obviously affected us, we were a light upfront, but we kept Ings and Watkin quiet which before the game would have been regarded the main threats. Football at this level can be determined by fine margins and i'm not taking anything away from Villa they deserved the win but I have seen much more gutless displays with better players on the pitch than what I seen yesterday. In a nutshell 10 points from 5 games isn't a bad return and with DCL and Richy back in the fold we will compete against anyone in this league. Maybe i'm been a bit bullish but i'm there to be vaulted.

…even yesterday we carried threat, I’m sure had DCL & Richarlison been playing we’d have gone ahead. We look brittle defensively but the introduction of conventional wingers has made a big difference & we can cause problems for top teams.

The team model looks ok to me, the quality lacking in certain areas.

I don't think many have blamed the manager for yesterdays defeat. I think tactically we were pretty solid. Individual errors cost us from mainly 2 of our better players, Digne and Godfrey. The injuries obviously affected us, we were a light upfront, but we kept Ings and Watkin quiet which before the game would have been regarded the main threats. Football at this level can be determined by fine margins and i'm not taking anything away from Villa they deserved the win but I have seen much more gutless displays with better players on the pitch than what I seen yesterday. In a nutshell 10 points from 5 games isn't a bad return and with DCL and Richy back in the fold we will compete against anyone in this league. Maybe i'm been a bit bullish but i'm there to be vaulted.

A win against Norwich at Goodison and we equal last seasons points tally at 6 games in which was our best start in over 30 years.

Im not confident as Norwich are yet to win a game and we have 7 players injured but the doom and gloom is embarassing when we are sat 5th having spent £1.5 million in the summer with 2 GK's often sat on the bench with a bunch of kids like Simms and Gordon.

No mate im just fed up of a section of our fans acting like tossers because they dont like the manager.

Lose a pre season game = OMG GET HIM BINNED!!

Win a game 3-1 = OMG WE WUZ CRAP OUTSIDE OF 7 MINUTES!!

Lose a game with near half our starting 11 out injured = OMG HE'S USELESS TOLD YOU I WUZ RIGHT EEZ A FAT SPANISH WAITER!!

Its actually embarassing and going to be a long season until said "supporters" turn it in.

…there will always be some for and there will always be some against, that’s the way it is. Its clear that you’re also smitten, just don’t get yourself too upset with the opinion of others.

Last season we had an elite manager who has seen and won everything over his decades of management struggling to get a tune of this mish-mash squad when things were tough. That tells you a lot.

It's the same squad. Same problems. Could be any manager in the hot seat.
I don't disagree with you but, as I said, the single biggest argument presented by the Benitez fan-boys on here is that these sort of capitulations would be a thing of the past, that he would somehow instill a sense of pride and togetherness that this club hadn't seen for ages.

A win against Norwich at Goodison and we equal last seasons points tally at 6 games in which was our best start in over 30 years.

Im not confident as Norwich are yet to win a game and we have 7 players injured but the doom and gloom is embarassing when we are sat 5th having spent £1.5 million in the summer with 2 GK's often sat on the bench with a bunch of kids like Simms and Gordon.
When did averaging 2 points per game become bad at any time?

I don’t get this line of thinking. World champions Spain don’t even play with a centre forward sometimes. Man city play false nines.

sometimes it’s not about centre forwards it’s about getting people into the box.

Rafael obviously took Rondon off because he couldn’t last the 90 mins, with more midfielders you can play with more possession.
We didn't, though.

I don't disagree with you but, as I said, the single biggest argument presented by the Benitez fan-boys on here is that these sort of capitulations would be a thing of the past, that he would somehow instill a sense of pride and togetherness that this club hadn't seen for ages.

Yeah that's daft.

90% of the squad is what it is and that won't change whoever is in charge.

Norwich are turgid.

They can not defend at all, should be a comfortable easy 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.