2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s done here. The look on his face in the post game interview said it all. Whether he’s been sold down the river or not transfer wise by Moshiri (I actually think he was probably told there was no money to spend before he took the job) is irrelevant, as he will end up taking the rap either way.

its for the best he’s removed and left forgotten in a very dark corner of the clubs history.
Madrid fire managers almost yearly and yet win trophies regularly. If we start firing them every 6 games we'll be World Champions by Christmas. I'm with you.

I think we need to start playing players in position when the squad is injury ravaged.....that back line was a mess and Digne and Godfrey suffered because of it.
What was wrong with going for an orthodox and traditional back line of Kenny,Godfrey,Mina,Digne? has to be more balanced than how we set up. Our squad often struggle playing in their natural positions so why complicate things giving them a role that's not naturally theirs?
Same four in the middle as yesterday and Ellis on for Rondon when he tired. Or am I over simplifying things? We always look poor when we do the 3 centre back thing.

Last edited:
We had a decent few games, had that fighting spirit back against Southampton and Burnley. Missing too many key players last night and the sqaud depth villa have is much better than ourselves. I'm expecting 10th or 11th this season.
I feel Rafael was bought in to keep costs down and float us through the next few years while the stadium gets built.

One defeat out of 6 games and we had 3 of our most important players missing and the thread has become like an extinction rebellion seminar. Losing football matches is a given and we will lose plenty more same as most teams do. Sad thing here though is that some people are literally looking forward to us losing so they can lay down across the motorway and shout doom.

Still a great start to the season regardless of one defeat and I have absolute no doubt whatsoever that Benitez will sort it out. He is the most meticulous Manager we have had in years.

COYB's

can’t fault the job he’s done thus far, and I was very anti-Rafael when he was touted for the position. ultimately we will be looking to finish top half this season (which in itself is criminal) and i think he will get us there
I agree pretty much with that, I think top 10 would be a good season. If we have our first 11 out I think maybe creep into European football, however all depends on injuries.. I'm expecting 10-12th

DCL, Richarlison, Coleman, Pickford and potentially Allan all out until after the international break.

I would play the kids against QPR and save whats left of the side to get over the line at home to Norwich and the valuable 3 points.

Utd away is a write off so forget us getting 3 points with that side out yesterday.

What has me, we have got two useful players in for 1.5m ( not much use last night though) but in Bergovis and Rondon looks like we have added to our deadwood pile.

DCL, Richarlison, Coleman, Pickford and potentially Allan all out until after the international break.

I would play the kids against QPR and save whats left of the side to get over the line at home to Norwich and the valuable 3 points.

Utd away is a write off so forget us getting 3 points with that side out yesterday.
Allan as well now?

One defeat out of 6 games and we had 3 of our most important players missing and the thread has become like an extinction rebellion seminar. Losing football matches is a given and we will lose plenty more same as most teams do. Sad thing here though is that some people are literally looking forward to us losing so they can lay down across the motorway and shout doom.

Still a great start to the season regardless of one defeat and I have absolute no doubt whatsoever that Benitez will sort it out. He is the most meticulous Manager we have had in years.

COYB's
Whilst I don’t like Benitez one bit, that’s my preference. I totally agree with this. You can’t argue with points on the table.

we don’t have enough good players, beyond the first 11. So any kind of injury or two will see us struggle. Villa have invested heavily the last couple of seasons but they’ve done it well, unlike us.

pointless going into meltdown after losing one game, irrespective of your thoughts on the manager. We will play worse and win.

What has me, we have got two useful players in for 1.5m ( not much use last night though) but in Bergovis and Rondon looks like we have added to our deadwood pile.
Begovic has been fine? dunno how he constitues as deadwood to be honest..

Rondon clearly needs to build fitness. All things being equal he obviously wouldn't have played from the start last night but needs must.

Begovic has been fine? dunno how he constitues as deadwood to be honest..

Rondon clearly needs to build fitness. All things being equal he obviously wouldn't have played from the start as night but needs must.

Our injuries will kill us until after the international break - we just dont have the squad to cope with 4-5 first teamers out - add in Gbamin and Delph thats 7 injuries its a disgrace.

Just got to hope we do enough to get at least the 3 points at home to Norwich and we go again after the inevitable Utd away defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.