2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably and your right and I'm not blaming benitez for the Injuries and spending the prefious s years but even if SImms offerrs nothing he atleasts gains some experience which to me trumps the likes of iwobi who steals a living he does nothing and offers nothing he never has ane never will offer the club anything and never will, so yes I would prefer a youngster with potential get some experience than iwobi who offers nothing and never has and like I said just a complete waste of time as a footballer.

But hey ho we lost and deservedly so and hopefully we get through the next few weeks without ruining our season.
And to quote my own message I have him up there with Mitch Ward, Tony Thomas and Claus Thomson as players who offer nothing and their presence is a negative.

Benitez needs all the luck he can get especially managing a "small club"

But Everton will be in trouble without Benitez. If it means Benitez leaving then so be it i guess. Small mercies and all that. We were crap anyway, before the fat spaniard darkened our doorstep. So i can easily live with another few years of crap. He has to go, he's causing trouble amongst the fanbase.

I wasn’t keen on the Benitez appointment at all but I will give him till the end of the season at least. No matter how badly we do. Constantly changing managers just doesn’t work.

Also, he has been desperately unlucky with injuries. Take the RS’s three best players out of their team and they would also struggle. The board have also failed to back him. We needed a complete overhaul of the squad after years of mismanagement by clowns like Koeman and Silva and yet the board gave him pennies. A couple of million. I think we were the 17th or 18th highest spenders in the PL. Pathetic.

I was actually at Villa Park last night (Holte End) because my son lives in Birmingham and I was so impressed by the way they got behind their manager and their players. They were every bit the proverbial 12th man. I sometimes wish we could be a bit like that. I’ll probably never warm to Benitez the way I warmed to Beardsley or Sheedy or Dave Watson, but as a proud Blue I will certainly never boo or abuse an Everton manager (or player, for that matter) for as long as I live. It’s counterproductive anyway. Verbal abuse has never improved anything and never will. Sorry, I’ve gone off on a tangent here!

The second goal totally killed the game and it was a really unlucky goal. These things happen. People upset need to relax. I stayed up till 2am watching and it was a complete waste of time.

obviously as excited last week about scoring 3 goals in 6 minutes the same can happen to any club. It doesn’t mean anything. I honestly thought the first goal was a bit against the run of play, the second was unlucky, and the third we were chasing the game.

I do think they played better in the first half, but at least we were better in that first half than Monday night.

Taking off the centre forward for a midfielder sends a message to the team that we are playing for a point. It backfired badly.

These players don't have the mentality to see a game out so trying to shut up at the back was never going to work. Our defending this year has been much worse than last year with far more errors. Players need to take responsibility at some point and cut out the errors.

I don’t get this line of thinking. World champions Spain don’t even play with a centre forward sometimes. Man city play false nines.

sometimes it’s not about centre forwards it’s about getting people into the box.

Rafael obviously took Rondon off because he couldn’t last the 90 mins, with more midfielders you can play with more possession.

But Everton will be in trouble without Benitez. If it means Benitez leaving then so be it i guess. Small mercies and all that. We were crap anyway, before the fat spaniard darkened our doorstep. So i can easily live with another few years of crap. He has to go, he's causing trouble amongst the fanbase.
It was always going to be divisive so in those terms it was a really bad hire. It's not him that's causing the trouble though - it's fan immaturity

Honestly right, I didnt/dont want the fella here and it would be dead easy to "rejoice" at our defeat today, but as an Everton fan I gain no enjoyment or joy from what I watched today.

By the same token I honestly dont feel the need to take potshots at the fella in the dugout. He/we were dealt a terrible hand with players dropping like flies all week, the team he put out was probably the best we could muster, im even gonna give him a "pass", cos despite me defo leaning more towards Team hamez, he shares his own portion of the blame.

So yeah, it is what it is, I hate it on here after a defeat, people popping in every thread calling the players, the owner, the Dof crappers, no, im not saying my poo doesnt stink, nor am I calling the forum out, I get it, nobody is happy when we get beat and we need somebody to blame.

Anyway, just waffling and by the way, in case there wasnt any doubt, my thread wasnt serious, truth be told I was hoping we would win and it would have been top class banter, but we got beat and I guess it looked like I was revelling in defeat, to be honest, the game stay the game.

We still made a decent start to the season, but we got schooled by a better team who wanted victory more, it happens, on to the next we go.

The second goal totally killed the game and it was a really unlucky goal. These things happen. People upset need to relax. I stayed up till 2am watching and it was a complete waste of time.

obviously as excited last week about scoring 3 goals in 6 minutes the same can happen to any club. It doesn’t mean anything. I honestly thought the first goal was a bit against the run of play, the second was unlucky, and the third we were chasing the game.

I do think they played better in the first half, but at least we were better in that first half than Monday night.

They had like 60% of possession in the first half? And neither side was creating great opportunities... against the run of play? Idk

They had like 60% of possession in the first half? And neither side was creating great opportunities... against the run of play? Idk

I said they played better in the first half... we had a couple of moments, but they were better. I thought 0-0 at the half was fair.

I felt like we were starting to get into the game more in the second half - here even Toffeeweb says the same in their match report.

The first 20 minutes of the second half continued to show promise for Benitez's men and there were strong appeals for a foul by Ezri Konsa on Gray that were ignored by referee Craig Pawson despite the defender visibly dragging the winger back with his arms.

We had a free kick where Demarai Gray was held back on the edge of the box. Gray also had another effort that went just wide. I thought we were starting to look threatening finally - then they went up the other end and scored the first.

I have refrained from getting too involved in this "James" business but I feel must respond to this remark from Spongebob brown shoes To say James is available means you must have inside knowledge of the physical fitness and mental attitude of all the players. Becausde of that insight you are able to call a contributor to this forum a "stubin mongy bellend" I will take your point of view seriously when you tell me and the rest of this forum exactly what your official position is within the Everton Fooball Club staff and what that position involves in relation to any players availabilty STILL AWAITING YOUR EPLY SPONGEBOB

Status
Not open for further replies.