2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate, the scientists that raised you were clearly faulty. Please find new scientists.

They did just fine.

Go find a fight where you stand a chance.

Honestly right, I didnt/dont want the fella here and it would be dead easy to "rejoice" at our defeat today, but as an Everton fan I gain no enjoyment or joy from what I watched today.

By the same token I honestly dont feel the need to take potshots at the fella in the dugout. He/we were dealt a terrible hand with players dropping like flies all week, the team he put out was probably the best we could muster, im even gonna give him a "pass", cos despite me defo leaning more towards Team hamez, he shares his own portion of the blame.

So yeah, it is what it is, I hate it on here after a defeat, people popping in every thread calling the players, the owner, the Dof crappers, no, im not saying my poo doesnt stink, nor am I calling the forum out, I get it, nobody is happy when we get beat and we need somebody to blame.

Anyway, just waffling and by the way, in case there wasnt any doubt, my thread wasnt serious, truth be told I was hoping we would win and it would have been top class banter, but we got beat and I guess it looked like I was revelling in defeat, to be honest, the game stay the game.

We still made a decent start to the season, but we got schooled by a better team who wanted victory more, it happens, on to the next we go.

Good stuff. It was, after all, just one game. We're in the right half of the table and level on points with the holders. The manager is doing his job. It's a shame that it has to be FSW, but we've had worse in charge. He doesn't deserve as much grief as we give him. He is Benitez, not Allardyce.

Honestly right, I didnt/dont want the fella here and it would be dead easy to "rejoice" at our defeat today, but as an Everton fan I gain no enjoyment or joy from what I watched today.

By the same token I honestly dont feel the need to take potshots at the fella in the dugout. He/we were dealt a terrible hand with players dropping like flies all week, the team he put out was probably the best we could muster, im even gonna give him a "pass", cos despite me defo leaning more towards Team hamez, he shares his own portion of the blame.

So yeah, it is what it is, I hate it on here after a defeat, people popping in every thread calling the players, the owner, the Dof crappers, no, im not saying my poo doesnt stink, nor am I calling the forum out, I get it, nobody is happy when we get beat and we need somebody to blame.

Anyway, just waffling and by the way, in case there wasnt any doubt, my thread wasnt serious, truth be told I was hoping we would win and it would have been top class banter, but we got beat and I guess it looked like I was revelling in defeat, to be honest, the game stay the game.

We still made a decent start to the season, but we got schooled by a better team who wanted victory more, it happens, on to the next we go.

….I agree but the Benitez ‘luvvies’ don’t make it easy by constantly heaping praise on him. One luvvie was even saying he was responsible for us selling our allocation at Villa.

The focus should be on the team, the players and the performance. One adoring poster said at half-time, “Rafael has this”. Benitez wasn’t playing.

I don’t think he should be our Manager but I thought were doing ok yesterday until the period we were blitzed. DCL & Richarlison are key players and with both missing we were always up against it. The defeat wasn’t down to Benitez.

The Rodriguez situation, however, is a reflection on the Manager. I can understand Rodriguez not starting but he is a talent and surely a top manager should get him onside and utilise rather than ostracise. If Rodriguez is injured then fine, but it will be interesting how this plays out.

Last edited:
….I agree but the Benitez ‘luvvies’ don’t make it easy by constantly heaping praise on him. One luvvie was even saying he was responsible for us selling our allocation at Villa.

The focus should be on the team, the players and the performance.

I don’t think he should be our Manager but I thought were doing ok yesterday until the period we were blitzed. DCL & Richarlison are key players and with both missing we were always up against it. The defeat wasn’t down to Benitez.

The Rodriguez situation, however, is a reflection on the Manager. I can understand him not starting but Rodriguez is a talent and surely a manager should get him onside and utilise rather than ostracise.
The only reason I can think of is because for Benitez the team / squad is king, not superstar individuals. It may be a message to the rest of the squad. Either his attitude or that James can't give Benitez what he wants tactically / workrate for 90 mins would be my guess. Ancelotti indulged James for his attacking qualities. Benitez has a very different philosophy.

Complete speculation on my part, of course.

The only reason I can think of is because for Benitez the team / squad is king, not superstar individuals. It may be a message to the rest of the squad. Either his attitude or that James can't give Benitez what he wants tactically / workrate for 90 mins would be my guess. Ancelotti indulged James for his attacking qualities. Benitez has a very different philosophy.

…I suspect that is the case but a top manager attempts to get the best out of each individual.

I know Benitez is very stubborn with a massive ego. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, it means he won’t be swayed from what he thinks is right but hopefully he doesn’t ostracise Rodriguez. The lad has real talent that can be used for the good of the team, even coming off the bench.

it’s fine if he was injured and unavailable yesterday but it will be interesting how this situation plays out. It might go away in January.

…I suspect that is the case but a top manager attempts to get the best out of each individual.

I know Benitez is very stubborn with a massive ego. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, it means he won’t be swayed from what he thinks is right but hopefully he doesn’t ostracise Rodriguez. The lad has real talent that can be used for the good of the team, even coming off the bench.

it’s fine if he was injured and unavailable yesterday but it will be interesting how this situation plays out. It might go away in January.
Indeed. My personal view is that James is an asset that can be used for particular games or situations off the bench.

I strongly suspect that Martinez would be playing James at every opportunity. However, Moyes would be doing the same as Benitez.

Can organise as much as he likes. When he has a set of defenders who cant defend we're gona get a few days like this.
Any half decent side will expose these defenders.
It probably is why we sat so deep under Ancelotti.

Godfrey and Digne were properly unimpressive yesterday. I like both, but yesterday exposed the utterly bizarre long term lack of genuine cover at full back policy. Digne looks off colour and Godfrey has looked suspect at rb whenever he plays there.

Can't see it being work rate given Rondon was tired within 2 mins.

The focus should be on the team, the players and the performance. One adoring poster said at half-time, “Rafael has this”. Benitez wasn’t playing.

The Rodriguez situation, however, is a reflection on the Manager. I can understand Rodriguez not starting but he is a talent and surely a top manager should get him onside and utilise rather than ostracise. If Rodriguez is injured then fine, but it will be interesting how this plays out.
I completely agree. I was horrified by the Benitez after having him at Inter but I think he's done alright. Excellent signings for the money. Good game management. Fair play.
The James situation is utterly absurd though and he did the same at Inter with the treble winners.

This defeat is not on Benitez, provided that James really was injured. The reaction to the defeat however does reflect on the wisdom of his appointment. I make no mistake, I am firmly in the camp of people who don’t want Benitez as our manager. I am, however also in the Evertonian camp and I always want us to win.

In view of the injuries getting anything out of this game was always unlikely, yes there were mistakes, Iwobi up front when Rondon had to be taken off, the fact that the James situation was dealt with only after the match, Benitez told us who was injured before kick off, but, made no mention of James amongst them, it was only when the flack started post match that we heard about this ‘mutual decision’ on James’ fitness.

The point is, if Benitez gets this level of fume when he loses a very lose able game, how bad will things get if we have a truly bad run. Unfortunately he will not get the same leeway another manager would get. He is, in fact, a highly devisive appointment.

James is a mercenary tw*t. Benitez sees through him. Instagram matters more to the little pri*k tham everton. You better off without him and his £1Million wages that he steals off YOU every month. Get him out soonest.
With the possible exception of Coleman and the few remaining local lads they are ALL mercenaries,
It’s a meaningless insult in the modern game.

I am worried about where the goals come from for the next two weeks

DCL and Richy are hurt, James is frozen/ on strike and number 10 is gone for good

So who can reliably score? Gray, then who, doucs and townsend

Worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.