2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this will be re-evaluated in January when we have another window to potentially move him and bring in an AMN for example. But for now, I think we’re both ‘stuck’ with each other through the winter and when he applies himself, will be useful to unlock stubborn defences.
Haven’t been keeping up with this too much recently but assume any talk of a move to relegation fodder in Turkey is absolute nonsense.

Real crossroads for him now if he stays. He’ll need to train hard and show willing to get himself in the shop window. If he throws his head up it will most likely only damage his prospects of a move to a decent club. Hopefully he can be used off the bench and put in a few decent performances and both parties will get what they want come January or in the summer.

Would love him to star for us but think that ship had sailed with Benitez in charge.

I've figured out what you are: a Rodriguetonian.

You actually support a player more than a football club.

We do have lukakutonians ..... There is probably the odd Eto'tonian as well.

Unreal isn't it.

If Steve McMahon was playing today there would be some blues struggling not to support him.

The question I'd be asking here is why on earth the club would allow him to leave AND pay half his wages when the squad is so bereft of attacking players and creativity.?

Believe me, many of you will be thinking the same thing when we get 2/3 injuries to that part of the squad and are having to play 18 year olds.

But if this information is true, it proves that from the players point of view that this isn't just a money thing. If it was then he'd just go to Turkey where he's guaranteed football if fit, and it's a much easier league where he'd get the time an space to perform his magic. For me it suggests that he does actually quite like it here, that he get's on well with the players and is prepared to fight for his place in the team.

If he really was a money grabbing stain on the club, like many in here are saying, he'd just go wouldn't he?
So....... We are prepared to let him leave for free and pay half his wages and the only club interested is a Turkish one?

It seems other clubs place due diligence quite high up when considering signing players and don't go on ability alone.

But again you ignore my point. Gerrard's realisation came a decade later. As Pennant points out, Benitez distance meant the players thought of Gerrard as a player manager and trwated him as such.
Just as likely that inflated Gerrard's ego to the point of DJ bashing.

listening to pennant critique a managers man management is a joke.

Gerrard was a walking egomaniac/alpha male in the Liverpool set up. He basically wanted Rafael to affirm his status as such and Rafael didn't do it.

Rafael wasnt stupid, if he gave Gerrard the plaudits he wanted then he runs the show. Rafael got what he needed from Gerrard and knew Gerrard would hold players to account.

Rafael was the right manager for Gerrard and Gerrard recognises this now.

Trade in your season ticket and sign up the his twitch here
https://m.twitch.tv/jamesr1222

Then you can hand in your everton jersey and buy one of his shirts
6360535986.png

And make your full transition into a Footballer fan boy with all the other kids.

Last edited:
What are the odds that the bedwetters will be praying he fails?

But eventually fawning all over him.

And saying they thought he was great all along ?
The thing is, I get their issue. What I don't get is that it's still only 3 league games and 1 cup played so far and whilst we have started brightly there is just no way we can play 4-4-2 for 38 league games and a load of cups games on top of that. We will get sussed out very, very quickly if that is the plan and that has nothing whatsoever to do with James coming back into the team, it's going to happen regardless. James is something that COULD help us reverse that though.

No way is he going to go to Turkey and Everton would be absolute idiots of the highest order to still pay half of his wages and have another team benefit from him anyway. It is what it is now and will have to be accepted and no matter how much he didn't fit into plans, those plans will change and adapt. We have to pay his wages and he will be utilized whenever they can. Even just having him on the bench will give us a better subs bench than we have had in years and even if he just got 20 minutes it could be a game changer with his talents.

Lets make the most of him and enjoy it while we can. ;)

No way is he going to go to Turkey and Everton would be absolute idiots of the highest order to still pay half of his wages and have another team benefit from him anyway. It is what it is now and will have to be accepted and no matter how much he didn't fit into plans, those plans will change and adapt. We have to pay his wages and he will be utilized whenever they can. Even just having him on the bench will give us a better subs bench than we have had in years and even if he just got 20 minutes it could be a game changer with his talents.

Lets make the most of him and enjoy it while we can. ;)
Agree. Surely Benitez will realise it’s better to have James on the bench than two GKs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.