2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
he doesn't help out his full back much, which can be a real problem.

We seem to say this about every player we have who plays out wide other than Richarlison (we moan about his face instead.)

He helps a full back out by coming back deep to receive a pass so he doesn't play himself into trouble. I don't really want him throwing too many tackles in, it's a waste of him.

In an ideal world we have two options, one who can offer more defensively and an attacking option.

Personally He would not playing on the right if it was me though.

Matteus Nunez could be that player. He was very good when earlier in the week when Sporting won over Lyon. Faster and better defender than James. Maybe a more box-to-box midfielder than attacking midfielder but he would excellent for us.

He only plays well 1 game in 4, hes missing for 2 games in 4 and ineffectual in the rest, he cost a fortune and maybe a disruptive influence...but that said it doesn't seem to take much to put them all off their feed at the best of times.

I like the idea of him staying and playing, but if he doesnt do the biz more often than not...whats the point.
Players like him can be crap for 90% of the time and then produce one piece of sublime magic. It's better than a player being alright most of the time yet produces absolutely nothing.

everyone acting like this is breaking news. The day after Carlo jumped ship his agent was out trying to organize a move away. I'm not a Benitez apologist or anything but i genuinely don't think it matters who the manager is. The fact James and Benitez have history only makes the story more interesting for media and journos

Players like him can be crap for 90% of the time and then produce one piece of sublime magic. It's better than a player being alright most of the time yet produces absolutely nothing.
The one piece of magic per game was included in that 1 game in 4 he does ok in, needs more end product before we can carry him for the off days.
But then again the whole team is only a 1 game in 4 team.

Rafael out or is it too early?

Don't agree with that in the slightest. And on principle, 20 games of James Rodriguez per season will produce more than 38 games of nigh-on everyone else in the squad.
If only we could guarantee 20 decent games out of him...out of anybody ffs.
Who knows if he wants to or even will stay, if hes still here the day after deadline day, even then it's a case of hope for the best with regards to his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.