2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same world class player who couldn’t be bothered playing for us at times last years cos he was tired???…..just thinking that Benitez may have worked out that for all his ability - he’s lazy and at times a liability

I would normally says it's just rubbish rumours from Twitter, however the guy on twitter who published it is followed by james

Shame as he seemed happy playing the last couple of weeks
I would normally say the same thing from most rumors that begin from Spain but Aguirre is one of the few journalist that seem to be close to James. I remember James having him over before at his house a few years back so this rumor may have come directly from James or his camp. Which is very discouraging.

James is the best player I've seen play for Everton. At the same time, this is all a bit odd. If he wants to go, then it looks like the door is open. Do we really believe though that he wants to stay with Benitez? I suspect the problem is, clubs don't want to pay a fee, so we can get lowballed for a 'disruptive' player as we get nearer to the window, just like Kean.

the line i read "James feels as though he has given everything so far"

I laughed. He's unbevliably talented but effort is not something he gives
Indeed, but this notion that some have that he gives zero effort is also very wide of the mark.

He always wants the ball. That sounds like a basic requirement but we have plenty of players not willing to take it.

If he is to go then we simply must have a player lined up to replace him. Not like for like as there are no many players like Rodriguez but a player who can unlock defences and be our main attacking force.

If he thinks we can get rid and go with what we have got then he is doomed. Unlike the other clubs he has managed at (not the last two) we are not awash with brilliant creative players.

Is this the same world class player who couldn’t be bothered playing for us at times last years cos he was tired???…..just thinking that Benitez may have worked out that for all his ability - he’s lazy and at times a liability
Or maybe he actually was tired?

Some people are like that. Saha was similar, never played if he wasn't feeling in tip top shape.

I don't get the lazy stuff about Rodriguez at all, certainly not on the pitch. He's not Peter Reid or anything but he doesn't just stand around waiting for the ball to come to him either. It's like how people called Yakubu lazy when really he just conserved his energy for the right moment where he would leave a defender for dead and score. Not everyone needs to run around like a headless chicken.

He only plays well 1 game in 4, hes missing for 2 games in 4 and ineffectual in the rest, he cost a fortune and maybe a disruptive influence...but that said it doesn't seem to take much to put them all off their feed at the best of times.

I like the idea of him staying and playing, but if he doesnt do the biz more often than not...whats the point.

Or maybe he actually was tired?

Some people are like that. Saha was similar, never played if he wasn't feeling in tip top shape.

I don't get the lazy stuff about Rodriguez at all, certainly not on the pitch. He's not Peter Reid or anything but he doesn't just stand around waiting for the ball to come to him either. It's like how people called Yakubu lazy when really he just conserved his energy for the right moment where he would leave a defender for dead and score. Not everyone needs to run around like a headless chicken.
he doesn't help out his full back much, which can be a real problem.

We need to do as much as we can to keep him, we knew the deal when he came here.

He will be worth points to us on his own again, points that may be hard to come by without him.

There is almost no chance of replacing him with equivalent quality if he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.