2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Especially with Bernrd going and Sigurdsson not being around (I am not commenting further than to say I will be surprised if he is at the club come September) we really have a lot more space for a luxury type player. If James was banging the door to leave that would be one thing. Just as if someone came in with say a £20m bid that would be a consideration. However pushing the fella out of the door if we are seems baffling to me. He is genuine quality for us.

When we signed him i think it was a 2 year deal and there was an option for a 3rd ?

If thats a club option and we can have him for 2 more seasons then we should keep him.

However, if this isnt the case and its just one year left on his deal then it may be prudent for the club to look at the options.

£15-20mil and £120k+ a week off the books could enable us to bring in a top young player who could stay for the next 5 seasons or more.

When we signed him i think it was a 2 year deal and there was an option for a 3rd ?

If thats a club option and we can have him for 2 more seasons then we should keep him.

However, if this isnt the case and its just one year left on his deal then it may be prudent for the club to look at the options.

£15-20mil and £120k+ a week off the books could enable us to bring in a top young player who could stay for the next 5 seasons or more.
on what planet a "top" Young player would cost you only 20m? and by top player i mean TOP , not some unknown EPL young player who sucks . for that money you wont replace james. for that kind of money you would gamble and pray ... proven quality players are worth much , much more, remember iwobi XD?

No top young players will be joining us for 15-20 mill. We signed him on a two year deal with an option of a third.

we need to replace our garbage players with good ones, not sell our good ones and hope a new signing won’t be garbage.

Is Aguirre normally reliable Sassy?
No with everything but when it comes to news regarding James he usually is, or at least he has been reliable in the past. What makes me feel that it is also true is the language that Aguirre uses to describe the situation. He says that James deeply sad and disappointed with Everton and Benitez, he feels he is not being treated fairly (same words he used with Colombia when they left him out of the squad a few weeks ago). He also feels that news that are being leaked are just to make him look bad and make him look as if he wants to leave the club when his intention is to finish his contract.

No with everything but when it comes to news regarding James he usually is, or at least he has been reliable in the past. What makes me feel that it is also true is the language that Aguirre uses to describe the situation. He says that James deeply sad and disappointed with Everton and Benitez, he feels he is not being treated fairly (same words he used with Colombia when they left him out of the squad a few weeks ago). He also feels that news that are being leaked are just to make him look bad and make him look as if he wants to leave the club when his intention is to finish his contract.
Don’t like the sound of that at all.

A genius of a player that would grace a full Goodison Park and I really hope to get to see him. ‘Koff FSW.

Loved your photos and posts of the Florida Cup, delighted you got to see James and a win ?

Status
Not open for further replies.