Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really?? 15mil ffs. We have Mosh and Usmanov behind us, have invested over half a billion quid in the last 5-6 years and a new manager.

We DEFO have more than 15mil.
We have billions behind us - We just aren't allowed to spend it due to Premier League sustainability rules

Having money and spending money are two completely inapposite factors in our transfer activity this summer

There's a big difference in not having the money to buy somebody and not having the room within FFP to go and buy somebody. If there were no such worries about FFP i have no doubt we would have brought a couple more in already. If we do get rid of someone for cash we will bring in more players. What I'm getting at is we are, i think, in a sell to buy position but not because we have no cash (we have plenty) but we can't because of FFP and its the former that is being peddled by a few on here as if we are in financial trouble when this couldn't be further from the truth.

We have billions behind us - We just aren't allowed to spend it due to Premier League sustainability rules

Having money and spending money are two completely inapposite factors in our transfer activity this summer

Every year we get the "we are skint shouts" and we spend.

We are getting the dead wood out slowly and freeing up wages, I am very confident there will be 2-3 quality signings this summer

Every year we get the "we are skint shouts" and we spend.

We are getting the dead wood out slowly and freeing up wages, I am very confident there will be 2-3 quality signings this summer

Possibly mate. But there's a reason we've shopped in the bargain basement with Townsend and Gray. Squad players or not.

I think we'll get 2 or 3 in the door too, but that will depend on Kean, Mina and possibly Gomes being sold.

also consider guys we have 26 first teamers currently if i count correctly plus a handful of "former" U23 team players where a decision is needed to loan them out again or keep around the 1st team squad (like Gordon, Broadhead, Branthwaite, Gibson, Baningime, Simms).
So also in terms of numbers we need to reduce the squad.

Possibly mate. But there's a reason we've shopped in the bargain basement with Townsend and Gray. Squad players or not.

I think we'll get 2 or 3 in the door too, but that will depend on Kean, Mina and possibly Gomes being sold.
By the end of the window I don't doubt we will have a few more names but questions need to be surely asked as to why we are so bad at managing money, I mean Moshiri is an accountant and one of the reasons Brands was brought in was that he was supposedly good at managing budgets yet our finances are chaotic. It simply isn't good enough from the club.

Would say having multiple goalkeepers, a bunch of kids and players that would bring you zero assists or goals on the bench is the reason we’ve signed gray and Townsend.

If we go out and buy a starting RB, RM and CM that just moves Coleman, iwobi and one of Gomes or Davies to subs, our bench for changing games is still just as terrible as last season in the sense none of them will change a game. Townsend and gray aren’t amazing players but they offer far more than our bench players last season did and by getting players like these it gives us the ability to then focus on our first team players we need.

FFP, mate. We're completely hamstrung with the record losses this club has made in recent years - as are many other clubs. Add to that we're currently funding a £500m stadium...

your probably right about the rest, but FFP has nothing to do with the stadium build.
Edit, just read your post properly and I thought it said the stadium would effect ffp, it didn't say that at all. Yes and we have a stadium to pay for, hopefully Usmanov's stadium sponsorship will help that.

Last edited:
29udqv.jpg
Such a weird bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.