Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We should only sign players that are better than what we have?!?!”

good luck funding that, mate.
If it was that easy we’d have a team squad of James richarlison, digne type players

what a stupid thing to say

You think its stupid to upgrade and recycle players?

Thats literally what a DOF is supposed to be doing. Granted, hes not yet done this but if there was a DOF handbook im sure that would be after the introduction.

We shift out Bernard and his £120k a week...if we can move on more players then we'd have saved enough to pay for someone.

E.g Bernard out = £120k a week
Gomes + Delph out = £200k a week /£10mil a year.

We could pay £10mil to Ajax or Leverkusen for Bailey/Antony from those wages saved and offer up to £120k which Bernard was earning.

The rest of the transfer fee involved would be amortised to be paid next year.

If Kean leaves then we need to replace him too. Not sure Tosun as the striking option on the bench is particularly sensible.
I actually would've kept Josh King around for that reason. Not a world beater by any standards nor I player I particularly rate, but hell of a lot better than Tosun and had a bit of pace to stretch a tired defence. Eagerly await Salomon Rondon instead now.

All this ‘we don’t have any money’ thing plays into our hands by the way whether it’s true or not.
We have been absolutely rinsed for transfer fees on Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Richarlison (though worth it IMO), Kean, Bolasie, etc. for years since Moshiri came in.
I don’t see why we won’t net spend at least the 50+ that we average especially with the big wages gone recently (Walcott, Bernard, Bolasie) but if word is that we’re skint then maybe Dumfries joins for 15 rather PSV demanding 20?
Let’s see where thing lie at the start of the season rather than getting worked up about them right now.

All this ‘we don’t have any money’ thing plays into our hands by the way whether it’s true or not.
We have been absolutely rinsed for transfer fees on Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Richarlison (though worth it IMO), Kean, Bolasie, etc. for years since Moshiri came in.
I don’t see why we won’t net spend at least the 50+ that we average especially with the big wages gone recently (Walcott, Bernard, Bolasie) but if word is that we’re skint then maybe Dumfries joins for 15 rather PSV demanding 20?
Let’s see where thing lie at the start of the season rather than getting worked up about them right now.
We 'got rinsed' for Kean? o_O believe the consensus at the time was that it was a great deal....

Still no sign of a midfielder that can pass forwards, we’ve only needed one for about 8 years

Well, we are linked with the last one we had that did that....

and dont say he couldn't, he created chances for fun and only 2/3 players created mare than him in his last 2 seasons in the prem.

Absolutely re-writting of history when to comes to him, all because of how he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.