Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane sold and promote Branthwaite.

Whether thats true or not, we should be buying players which are better than what we have.

Spending £25mil on a player to be 3rd choice isnt a good plan unless theyre young with high potential.

Winks isnt either.
“We should only sign players that are better than what we have?!?!”

good luck funding that, mate.
If it was that easy we’d have a team squad of James richarlison, digne type players

what a stupid thing to say

…I suspect we will for the time being.

I just think if monies are limited, we will now look at other priority positions. Much then depends on who else we get off the books.
That would be madness. A couple of injuries and we could have Gordon & gray wide for 20/30. That’s bottom 6 wide players. No disrespect to Gordon who’s got talent, but miles off this level at the moment

That would be madness. A couple of injuries and we could have Gordon & gray wide for 20/30. That’s bottom 6 wide players. No disrespect to Gordon who’s got talent, but miles off this level at the moment

…I’m just trying to assess the situation. We’ve brought in two wingers, I doubt we’ll be looking for more when priorities are stronger elsewhere.

The current wide resources give us: Iwobi, Gray, Gordon, Townsend & Richarlison. Arguably stronger than we managed with for much of last season.

…I’m just trying to assess the situation. We’ve brought in two wingers, I doubt we’ll be looking for more when priorities are stronger elsewhere.

The current wide resources give us: Iwobi, Gray, Gordon, Townsend & Richarlison. Arguably stronger than we managed with for much of last season.
I reckon a quality winger is definitely on the list, but as we’ve got no room with FFP and are relying on sales to free up money, it isn’t likely we’ll be able to sign one. At the first opportunity we’ll sign a right back, but then you’d imagine we’d need to sell another player to afford the winger. Unless the sale is a big one like Kean to PSG which doesn’t look likely.

I reckon a quality winger is definitely on the list, but as we’ve got no room with FFP and are relying on sales to free up money, it isn’t likely we’ll be able to sign one. At the first opportunity we’ll sign a right back, but then you’d imagine we’d need to sell another player to afford the winger. Unless the sale is a big one like Kean to PSG which doesn’t look likely.

…that makes sense but a playmaker and/or back up striker might also be a requirement.

If Kean leaves then we need to replace him too. Not sure Tosun as the striking option on the bench is particularly sensible.

Wind your necks in with your jarg shouts, we can't even afford to get Dumfries over the line and that's been "done" for weeks
Absolute rubbish, it was only a few weeks ago PSV said they didn’t have a firm offer on the table. So not sure why you know more than the club who owns the player?

Status
Not open for further replies.