Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far then: A slew of contracts terminated - none of those players were likely to offer a great deal going forward.

IN - Gray, Townsend, Begovic
OUT - Bernard, Delph

It doesn't get the pulse rating but, since the departures were no big deal and the 2 players transferred out nothing to get upset about there is at least the vague hope that these 3 arrivals are something of an upgrade. I suspect Demarai Gray just didn't enjoy his time in isolation (probably in a hotel) in Germany. Doesn't mean he can't recapture his Leicester best. Townsend is decent and Begovic a fair back-up. Nothing flashy so far but at least a little bit positive.

…I’m just trying to assess the situation. We’ve brought in two wingers, I doubt we’ll be looking for more when priorities are stronger elsewhere.

The current wide resources give us: Iwobi, Gray, Gordon, Townsend & Richarlison. Arguably stronger than we managed with for much of last season.
But like I’ve said apart from Richarlison the rest are bottom half prem players. We need another top class wide player/striker.

I know Richarlison only got 7 goals season and didn’t have a great season, but if Townsend,gray and iwobi got 7. It would be the season of their lives. The problem is Richarlison is under no pressure to perform he plays every game. There were games last season that DCL amd Richarlison were poor, but ancelotti kept them on the pitch. Because we had nobody who could change anything.

Ok gray & Townsend would give us some pace and energy in them last 30mins off the bench, but they both lack quality.
We really need another attacker who is top quality.

David Luiz joining up to play in DM I’ve heard. Benitez played him there in the Europa final with great success. Not the most mobile but great range of passing should make up for it.
oh the comedy..
1) he's an error-strewn bombscare of a footballer
2) he's 104
3) he's retiring to Turkey because everyone else in Europe has seen him play recently.

So far then: A slew of contracts terminated - none of those players were likely to offer a great deal going forward.

IN - Gray, Townsend, Begovic
OUT - Bernard, Delph

It doesn't get the pulse rating but, since the departures were no big deal and the 2 players transferred out nothing to get upset about there is at least the vague hope that these 3 arrivals are something of an upgrade. I suspect Demarai Gray just didn't enjoy his time in isolation (probably in a hotel) in Germany. Doesn't mean he can't recapture his Leicester best. Townsend is decent and Begovic a fair back-up. Nothing flashy so far but at least a little bit positive.
Is this correct?

I would cry with joy if so...

Status
Not open for further replies.