2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We overpaid him but that's our fault. I was excited for him but he just couldn't hack it in this league. Nice lad though and wish him well.

Not really overpaid given the free transfer, look at it as 12 million with 60k wages - that said when we give these contracts they have to be sure things as no one else is coming in at 120k a week.

Echo the nice lad and wish him well sentiments. If only he could have been that player in the first season throughout.

Not really overpaid given the free transfer, look at it as 12 million with 60k wages - that said when we give these contracts they have to be sure things as no one else is coming in at 120k a week.

Echo the nice lad and wish him well sentiments. If only he could have been that player in the first season throughout.

I would say we did overpay, he'd have probably accepted a deal for half the wages we ended up giving him. What other offers did he have at the time, i bet none as big as Everton. His salary is so high that we're letting him go for nothing just so someone will take him, if he were on considerably less we'd probably be getting a fee.

Proper FM signing. "He's a Brazil International who's played in the CL therefore he must be good! Quick, offer him a big contract to make sure we get him before someone else!"

Proper daft now in hindsight.

If he's worth next to nothing to us why would he be worth multi millions to another side.

Good luck to him, gutted he never reached the heights we hoped for.

Status
Not open for further replies.