New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as Unsworth in my view.
I fail to see how a manager / coach looking like either Unsworth or Benitez can lecture a player on being unfit and have any moral or other authority.

They have had their time playing though.

I would still listen to Neville Southall about goalkeeping.

Very sensible balanced post.
I've chosen not to go whilst he is the manager but I totally respect the view ( held by a lot of my mates ) that they are going regardless.
I genuinely don't and will never understand the logic of this appointment but it's too late now.
The issue is we don't know the logic. Everyone is guessing.

My guess would be that we have contacted numerous managers and some don't want the job and others have not come across well for various reasons. We then land at Benitez who's next on our list.
What do we do then? Overlook him and go for worse managers or appoint the best possible available?

I regret calling him a slob. The rest of it stands up though.

I seem to remember Mourinho making worse comments about him and most people found it funny.

I'm not sure wanting people to look smart when Everton manager is fat shaming, but everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.

To be honest mate, as one of the posters on here I think is logical, your remarks about Benitez have been really poor.

Really let yourself down.

Well done the lads who put that banner outside his house.

Whoever is quick to condemn them are hypocrites, you will never curry favour with the kopites, no matter what you concede, no matter what you pretend is 'crossing a line'.

Have some respect and back your own, there are plenty of lads in Walton who love everton, there are lads who love this club and would go to prison for it.

I bet any money if the boys who did that banner had any input in the club, Iwobi wouldn't be here and we wouldn't of gone nearly 30 years without a cup.

The anger should be put against the board. If you want to pretend you are a superfan by arguing with other blues, that toxic mix could take us down eventually.
No. Football isn't worth this. Stupid threats to a family and your kind of post trying to be a war cry of some kind do more to put me off Everton than anything else could. No way I want to be associated with this kind of fan base.

Its a ball of air being kicked around by millionaires and choreographed so that safe armchair-selling brands are always near the top. If this pantomime means so much to you that you'd be prepared to go to prison then seek professional help.

The issue is we don't know the logic. Everyone is guessing.

My guess would be that we have contacted numerous managers and some don't want the job and others have not come across well for various reasons. We then land at Benitez who's next on our list.
What do we do then? Overlook him and go for worse managers or appoint the best possible available?

Yes, overlook him. Go for someone less divisive. The alternative is not Benitez or impending doom.

Come on mate, we have lived through the days of Preki and Brett Angel , those sort of experiences should toughen us up ! Ha ha

200w.gif

I mean they already WENT to his house, so are you HONESTLY comfortable being so blasé about that?

But even if they don't, so what? It's not "stupid" or "cringey", it's absolutely disgusting and borderline criminal.

I'm not comfortable or blase about anything mate. They shouldn't have done it, be they blue or red. It's also possible for it to be cringey, stupid and borderline criminal.

Neither should people be singing about wanting people to die which happened. Or bullets being sent in the post to Barmby, which happened.

Same as Unsworth in my view.
I fail to see how a manager / coach looking like either Unsworth or Benitez can lecture a player on being unfit and have any moral or other authority.
Errr Benitez 61 and as far as I know will not be turning out for any football team, anywhere. Footballers are professional athletes. How many managers would you consider fit (get it) to lecture a player on his fitness. ?

I can't understand the mentality to either justify this stuff or play it down like it's kind of not as threatening.
People take this stuff differently. One person who thinks it may be harmless or isn't bothered, another person can literally live in fear based on "what if"

Football is an utter joke sometimes. Multi multi millionaires shovelling up the fans hard earned cash while not really giving a Shi* about the club or the fans yet we all lap it up and fall head over heels when the look down the lens and say "Up the toffees!", yet people send death threats and all sorts because some player from parts unknown who had never heard of Everton before wants to leave. like, really? who give a crap in the grand scheme of things.

Managers who want to manage while being insulted and threatened. A man that is guilty of calling Everton a small club....we are a small club. we are a joke at times. I'll rephrase that....we are ALL made to look like a joke because of the minority of idiots

Our "Peoples club" way of being is basically, 95% of fans are great people who support the team and can be proud of what the club is capable of. we want the whole world to look at our club as an example of what clubs should be doing for communities far and wide. then there are the others who are just utter classless shi*ehawks who have nothing better to do that travel around in the dead of the night hanging linen on walls totally undoing all that work.

I cringe sometimes about football. all football and fans when they just destroy any good work by these stupid acts of immature idiocy.....and those who defend it in any way.

but hey, i'm sure many die hard bloooos would totally disagree with that. just my opinion.

Obviously nobody is advocating to go to prison for the club, point is we have fans who are proactive and doing the right thing by putting out these banners.
They might be rough around the edges but that is their way of expressing things.

Bourgeoisie snobs pretending that they will 'applogise' on behalf of 'other blues' is the real joke.
Oh do one.

Must say, I'm really disappointed in a number of posters here, some of whom I didn't really expect to be so crass......

Status
Not open for further replies.