New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously nobody is advocating to go to prison for the club, point is we have fans who are proactive and doing the right thing by putting out these banners.
They might be rough around the edges but that is their way of expressing things.

Bourgeoisie snobs pretending that they will 'applogise' on behalf of 'other blues' is the real joke.
Let me take this opportunity to apologise to all the non-Evertonians reading the board for this guy right here.

Well done the lads who put that banner outside his house.

Whoever is quick to condemn them are hypocrites, you will never curry favour with the kopites, no matter what you concede, no matter what you pretend is 'crossing a line'.

Have some respect and back your own, there are plenty of lads in Walton who love everton, there are lads who love this club and would go to prison for it.

I bet any money if the boys who did that banner had any input in the club, Iwobi wouldn't be here and we wouldn't of gone nearly 30 years without a cup.

The anger should be put against the board. If you want to pretend you are a superfan by arguing with other blues, that toxic mix could take us down eventually.

So it's okay to send sneaky threats to his family or any family in general then?

Nice.

Can we please take the vitriol out of the debate. because someone has a different view does not mean we have to resort to nastiness.

Majority of Everton fans almost certainly don't want Benitez. Like always we are pragmatic supporters of Everton, so we'll all end up either giving him a chance or walking away. My bet is the former, maybe through gritted teeth, but we are fans first. I'm not sure even discussing it any further will take the discussion forward. Lines are drawn, people will not change each other's opinion.

If he's appointed, let's see what he does with the club we love, who knows, maybe he will become something different in the process too. He knows he has the biggest mountain to climb to even gain acknowledgement from many that he is our manager. There are others that would be worse, such as Fat Sam, Gerrard, Pardew, Hughes and so on.
Very sensible balanced post.
I've chosen not to go whilst he is the manager but I totally respect the view ( held by a lot of my mates ) that they are going regardless.
I genuinely don't and will never understand the logic of this appointment but it's too late now.

Genuine question - were you around pre-90s? We had a dreadful reputation for pockets of racism in the fanbase. I was vastly more embarrassed to hear people abuse Taribo West, Ian Wright and others than read this sign.

It's the weird hyperbole that is fueling the hysteria. It's been worse - much, much worse.

It's a stupid banner from someone who is obviously not going to go to the guys house to do anything.

I have to say though, I've sat in Everton away ends who have sang "die Kai rooney" "Die Nicky Die" (about Barmby) songs about Joey Barton's brother being sexually assaulted in prison, most people singing "fat Spanish Waiter" at Benitez etc. This is not even the early 90s.

The banner is ridiculous, but I've witnessed a lot worse.

So it's okay to send sneaky threats to his family or any family in general then?

Nice.

There was no threats, my take was if any threats where made, protest outside his house was threatened at worse.

If there was genuine threats there is legislation and provisions in place to mark it out as criminality.

This is a football matter, protesting is part of football.

Just because you personally or anyone else want's to condemn working class fans who can't pontificate and who are rough around the edges. Doesn't mean I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.