New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both have won the league, one of them with two different clubs. It wasn't too long ago that Dalglish was managing the hoarde and backing them over racist comments.

Beneitez was managing the geordies to consecutive finishes below Nuno.

There is zero logical reason to want Benitez at this point in time. 10-15 years ago maybe.
We aren’t going to get another Ancelotti type though, he was unemployed mid season with nothing better to do. As soon as a big club came in he was off. People seriously thinking a conte or the like would come to Everton are mad. We are where we are and, sadly, that is looking at dross like Nuno or “past it” managers like Benitez. Unless we want to take a risk again on a championship manager.

Benitez

La Liga - 2001-02, 2003-04
Uefa Cup - 2003-04
FA Cup - 2005-06
Community Shield - 2006
Champions League - 2004-05
Champions League Runner Up - 2006-07
Uefa Super Cup - 2005
Supercoppa Italiana - 2010, 2014
Fifa Club World Cup - 2010
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14
EFL Championship - 2016-17

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

That's it unless you want to include his Honorary Doctorate

I have been supporting the blues for 53 years and would still take Benitez over Nuno in a heartbeat and i really couldn't give a toss if he used to work for the RS and insulted us while he was there. All managers play mind games with opponents, it is meaningless. All i am interested in is Everton and whatever it takes is fine with me. If he wants the job even though he knows that there will be a massive negative reaction and thinks that he can change that with what he is up against then feck it i will give him a chance. There is absolutely no comparison between the two of them and so what if it has been 6 or 7 years since winning anything of significance. It is better to have done it all then never done anything of significance whatsoever.
How would you feel though if a washed up benitez got our job was abysmal playing horrible football. Fans in disarray we scrape 9th sack him and he under our paycheck pops another dig at us saying what do Everton fans expect i improved them even Ancellotti couldnt do anything with them whilst the neighbours holler and laugh with him at us. No, no rs ever.

We just had a manager who had won a whole host of honours throughout his career and that made absolutely no difference here. Benitez' motivation for taking this job is that it's near his home, he doesn't have to move away from family and can live comfortably.
Well we will never know what Carlo might have achieved will we because he was headhunted by the most prestigious club on the planet that no manager would say no to at his stage in life and it was very early in his project and hadn't had chance to change much of anything. Who knows what would have happened after a couple more windows.

Why on earth would Kenwright be pushing for Benitez? What utter nonsense! Regardless of what people think of him he is an Evertonian. I can imagine him saying "koff" under his breath every time his name gets mentioned.

I could actually see Moshiri thinking it would be OK to go for him, but then again rich businessmen don't become rich by making incredibly stupid business decisions.

Brands will just be stroking a picture of Phillip Cocu.

….hopefully 2 managers who aren’t coming.
Nuno would be done by now surely? I expect some news on somebody completely different will break very suddenly and it’ll all be wrapped up very quickly. This appears to be how we do stuff now anyway

Absolutely do many people even mentioning Rafael is really do confusing to me. The guy is past it. He plays dire football. Great, he won stuff at bigger clubs almost a decade ago, I don't care. He's done literally nothing of note since he won stuff with one of the biggest clone in world football.

Crap manager, crap football, crap person.

….we’ve had many fine ex-Reds players over the years, I have no issue with Benitez being an ex-Liverpool manager, I actually think he’s decent but he publicly belittled Everton once & I think that should be a deciding factor in us looking elsewhere.

Wasn't he just having a go at Moyes's tactics?

Bearing in mind he's hardly known for his attacking football himself he had a cheek.

Well we will never know what Carlo might have achieved will we because he was headhunted by the most prestigious club on the planet that no manager would say no to at his stage in life and it was very early in his project and hadn't had chance to change much of anything. Who knows what would have happened after a couple more windows.

After a 12th and 10th place finish I didn't exactly get the impression that the future was bright in any case. Counting a manager's trophy list is great when you're moving to a comparable team but we don't need a manager that has won Champions League's right now.. we need someone to come in and build a squad and long-term strategy at this club as we're a million miles away from challenging at the very top.

Benitez coming here would be like someones mum taking a cleaning job after retirement after working full time all her life to have a bit of spending money so she doesn't have to dip into her retirement funds.
This is nail on head. Would be there with slippers on, not a care in the world and counting his money. But apart from that he can not be anywhere near the club given his past

We aren’t going to get another Ancelotti type though, he was unemployed mid season with nothing better to do. As soon as a big club came in he was off. People seriously thinking a conte or the like would come to Everton are mad. We are where we are and, sadly, that is looking at dross like Nuno or “past it” managers like Benitez. Unless we want to take a risk again on a championship manager.
I don't want another Ancelotti type. He was a bad fit realistically. As Conte would be.

Young hungry manager will do me. No one with baggage so no former managers, no RS and no relegations on their CV (even if I think its nonsense to judge managers on that as different clubs have different standards but it seems to be a stick to beat a manager with whenever we struggle).

Status
Not open for further replies.