Supercoppa Italiana - 2010, 2014
Fifa Club World Cup - 2010
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14
EFL Championship - 2016-17

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

That's it unless you want to include his Honorary Doctorate

I have been supporting the blues for 53 years and would still take Benitez over Nuno in a heartbeat and i really couldn't give a toss if he used to work for the RS and insulted us while he was there. All managers play mind games with opponents, it is meaningless. All i am interested in is Everton and whatever it takes is fine with me. If he wants the job even though he knows that there will be a massive negative reaction and thinks that he can change that with what he is up against then feck it i will give him a chance. There is absolutely no comparison between the two of them and so what if it has been 6 or 7 years since winning anything of significance. It is better to have done it all then never done anything of significance whatsoever.
Doesn't matter what he's won 15 years ago. You do not hire one of the most divisive managers in the business for a club that already has a divided fanbase, yearning for success and who have had nothing but managerial turmoil for the past 5 seasons.

It would be a shockingly stupid appointment.

Benitez

Age 61
Started managing 1993

Nuno

Age 47
Started managing 2012

Do these numbers not come in to play?

Or to flip it another way.

Benitez

Achievements after 8 years in management: 1

Nuno

Achievements after 8 years in management: 0 (I don't count lower league stuff as such, if we do it's 1 also)

I went for 8 because that's all Nuno has.

When comparing numbers for stuff like this it always helps to break the numbers down a bit more. Comparing trophies between a relatively young manager and one who is a veteran is not an accurate measure.
Nuno's nearly 50. to paraphrase marsellus Wallis, if he was going to win he would have done it by now

….we’ve had many fine ex-Reds players over the years, I have no issue with Benitez being an ex-Liverpool manager, I actually think he’s decent but he publicly belittled Everton once & I think that should be a deciding factor in us looking elsewhere.
Players are different then manager though

They were over a decade ago. Close to 2 decades in some instances.

Lets get Howard Wilkinson in, he has won the league! Or Dalglish, he has won it AND is a horrible RS. Two for one.
Dalglish and Wilkinson don't come near Benitez, who was managing in the PL two years ago, to the geordies delight.

Benitez

La Liga - 2001-02, 2003-04
Uefa Cup - 2003-04
FA Cup - 2005-06
Community Shield - 2006
Champions League - 2004-05
Champions League Runner Up - 2006-07
Uefa Super Cup - 2005
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

I have been supporting the blues for 53 years and would still take Benitez over Nuno in a heartbeat and i really couldn't give a toss if he used to work for the RS and insulted us while he was there. All managers play mind games with opponents, it is meaningless. All i am interested in is Everton and whatever it takes is fine with me. If he wants the job even though he knows that there will be a massive negative reaction and thinks that he can change that with what he is up against then feck it i will give him a chance. There is absolutely no comparison between the two of them and so what if it has been 6 or 7 years since winning anything of significance. It is better to have done it all then never done anything of significance whatsoever.
you cant argue with stats, but a huge portion of fans will never accept him, me too so it has to be a straight no!

And has he done it recently, nope wnet off to China for the big bucks!

Kopite and he always will be regardless of what he says, can you seriously imagine him in our dugout at a Derby?

or if he is battling in the bottom half of the league?

It would be toxic from the off!

Benitez

Age 61
Started managing 1993

Nuno

Age 47
Started managing 2012

Do these numbers not come in to play?

Or to flip it another way.

Benitez

Achievements after 8 years in management: 1

Nuno

Achievements after 8 years in management: 0 (I don't count lower league stuff as such, if we do it's 1 also)

I went for 8 because that's all Nuno has.

When comparing numbers for stuff like this it always helps to break the numbers down a bit more. Comparing trophies between a relatively young manager and one who is a veteran is not an accurate measure.
Nope them numbers do not come into play whatsoever for me. One is a factual set of achievements that have happened and the other is completely imaginary made up of possibles and maybes that we would have to wait 14 years to find out and then there might be a few or there might still be nothing whatsoever for all anyone knows.

Managerial pull is overrated.

There maybe one or two who will be tipped towards a manager but by and large it's filthy lucre, greased wheels and jumping in bed with powerful agents that does the trick.

Much has been spoken about the pull of Ancelotti for Rodriguez and Allan but I'm not sure there was a massively long queue of suitors for either - certainly not dangling the same amount of cash in front of their respective agents.
None of Inter's squad would be following him here.

Dalglish and Wilkinson don't come near Benitez, who was managing in the PL two years ago, to the geordies delight.

Both have won the league, one of them with two different clubs. It wasn't too long ago that Dalglish was managing the hoarde and backing them over racist comments.

Beneitez was managing the geordies to consecutive finishes below Nuno.

There is zero logical reason to want Benitez at this point in time. 10-15 years ago maybe.

Benitez

La Liga - 2001-02, 2003-04
Uefa Cup - 2003-04
FA Cup - 2005-06
Community Shield - 2006
Champions League - 2004-05
Champions League Runner Up - 2006-07
Uefa Super Cup - 2005
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

Zidane didn’t win a single piece of metal prior to landing his first team job and in his first 2 seasons he won the CL back to back and the league in his first season. Sort of easy to win hardware when your teams have funds and world class talent, neither of which he’s had much of at any of his gigs

Managerial pull is overrated.

There maybe one or two who will be tipped towards a manager but by and large it's filthy lucre, greased wheels and jumping in bed with powerful agents that does the trick.

Much has been spoken about the pull of Ancelotti for Rodriguez and Allan but I'm not sure there was a massively long queue of suitors for either - certainly not dangling the same amount of cash in front of their respective agents.

Rodriguez probably came here because of Ancelotti. Allan should be grateful for being here at all. 31 years old, handful of international caps, decent player but nothing special.

Nope them numbers do not come into play whatsoever for me. One is a factual set of achievements that have happened and the other is completely imaginary made up of possibles and maybes that we would have to wait 14 years to find out and then there might be a few or there might still be nothing whatsoever for all anyone knows.

Not like the achievements that our last manager racked up throughout his career made a big difference here, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.