New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodriguez probably came here because of Ancelotti. Allan should be grateful for being here at all. 31 years old, handful of international caps, decent player but nothing special.

What other options did Rodriguez have? He wasn't wanted at Real and hardly had City or Chelsea banging his door down. There was a reason he was available.

Allan came from Napoli, basically an equivalent size club in terms of Serie A, a weaker league.

We aren’t going to get another Ancelotti type though, he was unemployed mid season with nothing better to do. As soon as a big club came in he was off. People seriously thinking a conte or the like would come to Everton are mad. We are where we are and, sadly, that is looking at dross like Nuno or “past it” managers like Benitez. Unless we want to take a risk again on a championship manager.
I do think a risk on a smaller name is the best option IMO, likely to have a easier contract to pay off if they get sacked and little baggage

Benitez

La Liga - 2001-02, 2003-04
Uefa Cup - 2003-04
FA Cup - 2005-06
Community Shield - 2006
Champions League - 2004-05
Champions League Runner Up - 2006-07
Uefa Super Cup - 2005
Supercoppa Italiana - 2010, 2014
Fifa Club World Cup - 2010
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14
EFL Championship - 2016-17

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

That's it unless you want to include his Honorary Doctorate

I have been supporting the blues for 53 years and would still take Benitez over Nuno in a heartbeat and i really couldn't give a toss if he used to work for the RS and insulted us while he was there. All managers play mind games with opponents, it is meaningless. All i am interested in is Everton and whatever it takes is fine with me. If he wants the job even though he knows that there will be a massive negative reaction and thinks that he can change that with what he is up against then feck it i will give him a chance. There is absolutely no comparison between the two of them and so what if it has been 6 or 7 years since winning anything of significance. It is better to have done it all then never done anything of significance whatsoever.

To a certain extent, comparing trophies is useful but not altogether indicative. Ranieri is one of the few managers to have won the PL, but it doesn't mean he'd be any more likely to do a good job than Scott Parker.

Equally, Sean Dyche has done a job that I imagine Pep wouldn't, but Pep can do what Dyche can't.

This is where fans need to be careful of snobbery, and accept a manager who fits their profile and style. Ancellotti is one of the most successful managers in modern football, but it doesn't mean he can out-tactic Steve Bruce on a cold winter evening in Newcastle.

What other options did Rodriguez have? He wasn't wanted at Real and hardly had City or Chelsea banging his door down. There was a reason he was available.

Allan came from Napoli, basically an equivalent size club in terms of Serie A, a weaker league.

I'm sure Rodriguez could have went to one of those big paying retirement leagues if he really wanted to.

Nuno doesn’t want Ferguson involved as he wants his own people. The club won’t remove him. This is the hold up with Nuno.

Like one Journalist has said Benitez. A journalist you all likely deride for never getting anything right. Why are you doing this to yourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.