New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do wonder if he's still in talks, like how much more is there to talk about and if somebody hasn't made a compromise, why would they do so now? I mean maybe the leaks yesterday might be to put pressure on either side, but if there's no resolution very soon I just can't see it. Lets not forget, he was in talks with us. Then he went and had talks with palace. Then he was about to be announced by us so in talks again. And on all 3 occasions no resolution (as yet) was found.

I said before it would be about Ferguson but I wonder if it's deeper than that, and it's actually about Mendes and his role in the club. Essentially us saying we won't just become another Wolves.

As for Benitez, there are lots of negatives but he does seem to really want the job, which I find really bizarre. But I remember him pushing this angle 3 or 4 times before this. It's very odd, as most Evertonian's hate him but I wonder if he's been a bit spurned by Liverpool hierarchy or something. We have rejected him about 4 times before this, and he still keeps putting himself back into the frame. I can't really get my head around it to be honest.

I heard someone his charity stuff works with blues and reds and he holds affection for both. Maybe he just sees it as home and wants to finish his career here, who knows?

Like most people he probably wants an easy life, getting paid loads and working close to his home.

Not sure that's enough to warrant us taking us on.

I'm sure he is a decent enough bloke in real life but most of them are.

Benitez

La Liga - 2001-02, 2003-04
Uefa Cup - 2003-04
FA Cup - 2005-06
Community Shield - 2006
Champions League - 2004-05
Champions League Runner Up - 2006-07
Uefa Super Cup - 2005
Supercoppa Italiana - 2010, 2014
Fifa Club World Cup - 2010
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14
EFL Championship - 2016-17

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

That's it unless you want to include his Honorary Doctorate

I have been supporting the blues for 53 years and would still take Benitez over Nuno in a heartbeat and i really couldn't give a toss if he used to work for the RS and insulted us while he was there. All managers play mind games with opponents, it is meaningless. All i am interested in is Everton and whatever it takes is fine with me. If he wants the job even though he knows that there will be a massive negative reaction and thinks that he can change that with what he is up against then feck it i will give him a chance. There is absolutely no comparison between the two of them and so what if it has been 6 or 7 years since winning anything of significance. It is better to have done it all then never done anything of significance whatsoever.

Well it's just not true this, no matter how many times it is said.

The man was adored by almost everyone bar a few dissenting voices on social media. He had about 5 times more support than the average Everton manager. The fact he left us like he did was a punch in the gut for everyone.
Was like being dumped, even a few days ago I caught myself singing Carlo fantastico then I remembered

It isnt just his last two jobs though is it.

He took over at real madrid and was gone buy January because he was terrible managing to end up third in a two horse race.

Napoli had finished the previous season in second place. he spent 130m in two seasons and failed to qualify for the champions league in both seasons or challenge for a title. He did win the Italian Cup but was very poor otherwise.

At Chelsea he had a wose points per game ratio di matteo in the league. When he took over Chelsea they were 4 points behind league leaders man u they finished 16 points behind the league leaders at the end of the season. Obviously won the Europa League can't take that away from him but Chelsea had just won the champions league the season before.

Inter Milan... the previous seasons champions league winners, the previous seasons Italian treble winning side. The best side in europe at the time. He absolutely ruined them. He didn't win his first league game till half way through September, had them 6th in December and 13 points behind the top spot habing just suffered 4 defeats on the bounce to spurs, ac milan, chievo and lazio. Then he demanded more money off the board for transfers in the winter transfer window or they'd have to sack him, so they sacked him.

I'll be honest hes won a few trophies at these clubs but in context every club he took over went backwards under his management and did very poorly in the league.

He may of been a good manager 15 years ago but he is absolutely dreadful now.

If u prefer Santo over Rafael u need your head looked at. Take your blue tinted glasses off and think about

Benitez

Uefa Cup - 2003-04
FA Cup - 2005-06
Community Shield - 2006
Uefa Super Cup - 2005
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

I have been supporting the blues for 53 years and would still take Benitez over Nuno in a heartbeat and i really couldn't give a toss if he used to work for the RS and insulted us while he was there. All managers play mind games with opponents, it is meaningless. All i am interested in is Everton and whatever it takes is fine with me. If he wants the job even though he knows that there will be a massive negative reaction and thinks that he can change that with what he is up against then feck it i will give him a chance. There is absolutely no comparison between the two of them and so what if it has been 6 or 7 years since winning anything of significance. It is better to have done it all then never done anything of significance whatsoever.
Problem is too many of our fans are worried what their red mates will say to them. I agree with you, it’s not even a discussion if it’s a choice between them two.

Benitez

Uefa Cup - 2003-04
FA Cup - 2005-06
Community Shield - 2006
Uefa Super Cup - 2005
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

Exactly.
I want us to have the best chance of winning something, however that is achieved.

I can’t be bothered with dogma.
He has been interested in managing us previously, do it’s not a bolt from the blue.

His personal circumstances also mean that he is likely to see this project through.

He has won by far the most of any manager we are talking to.

Benitez

Uefa Cup - 2003-04
FA Cup - 2005-06
Community Shield - 2006
Uefa Super Cup - 2005
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

I have been supporting the blues for 53 years and would still take Benitez over Nuno in a heartbeat and i really couldn't give a toss if he used to work for the RS and insulted us while he was there. All managers play mind games with opponents, it is meaningless. All i am interested in is Everton and whatever it takes is fine with me. If he wants the job even though he knows that there will be a massive negative reaction and thinks that he can change that with what he is up against then feck it i will give him a chance. There is absolutely no comparison between the two of them and so what if it has been 6 or 7 years since winning anything of significance. It is better to have done it all then never done anything of significance whatsoe

I agree. It wont bother me one bit if we take Rafael.

Paul Joyce is very reliable so there must be some serious consideration on the board. He may come in with Dunc staying as an assistant.

7 players in the premier league era have played for us and them. I dont see the issue if an ex manager does the same.

We Just bored him to sleep -

1623838946847.png

Problem is too many of our fans are worried what their red mates will say to them. I agree with you, it’s not even a discussion if it’s a choice between them two.
Most of my red mattes would say we are mad to go for someone like Muno over Rafael.

Status
Not open for further replies.