Supercoppa Italiana - 2010, 2014
Fifa Club World Cup - 2010
Europa League - 2012-13
Coppa Italia - 2013-14
EFL Championship - 2016-17

Nuno

EFL Championship 2017-18

That's it unless you want to include his Honorary Doctorate

I have been supporting the blues for 53 years and would still take Benitez over Nuno in a heartbeat and i really couldn't give a toss if he used to work for the RS and insulted us while he was there. All managers play mind games with opponents, it is meaningless. All i am interested in is Everton and whatever it takes is fine with me. If he wants the job even though he knows that there will be a massive negative reaction and thinks that he can change that with what he is up against then feck it i will give him a chance. There is absolutely no comparison between the two of them and so what if it has been 6 or 7 years since winning anything of significance. It is better to have done it all then never done anything of significance whatsoever.

Benitez

Age 61
Started managing 1993

Nuno

Age 47
Started managing 2012

Do these numbers not come in to play?

Or to flip it another way.

Benitez

Achievements after 8 years in management: 1

Nuno

Achievements after 8 years in management: 0 (I don't count lower league stuff as such, if we do it's 1 also)

I went for 8 because that's all Nuno has.

When comparing numbers for stuff like this it always helps to break the numbers down a bit more. Comparing trophies between a relatively young manager and one who is a veteran is not an accurate measure.

well he's won the spanish league twice, got to two Champions League finals, and won the Europa Cup, maybe cos of that?

They were over a decade ago. Close to 2 decades in some instances.

Lets get Howard Wilkinson in, he has won the league! Or Dalglish, he has won it AND is a horrible RS. Two for one.

Benitez

Age 61
Started managing 1993

Nuno

Age 47
Started managing 2012

Do these numbers not come in to play?

Or to flip it another way.

Benitez

Achievements after 8 years in management: 1

Nuno

Achievements after 8 years in management: 0 (I don't count lower league stuff as such, if we do it's 1 also)

I went for 8 because that's all Nuno has.

When comparing numbers for stuff like this it always helps to break the numbers down a bit more. Comparing trophies between a relatively young manager and one who is a veteran is not an accurate measure.
Whilst i appreciate what you are saying I just can’t see how that makes any difference. It’s about the here and now, Benitez has won the lot (pl aside) nuno managed to get binned from wolves.

….reminds me of @davek a few weeks ago,

‘Liverpool will not qualify for the Champions League. Vault me.’

Sometimes it’s best not to tempt fate as far as they’re concerned.
Even Davek can be wrong . Not often . I just can't see Rafael joining us . I don't want to be vaulted though. Pretty please. Fate and I are not really on speaking terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.