New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame the club taking their time. Carlo the Rat's abrupt departure must have rocked them. As the crap Echo says,the players are not back for a few weeks so no need to hurry unduly. It is not indecision.

You would hope that we would get behind anyone, even if none of us can agree on who it should be. I couldn't get behind a team led by Benitez though, so I simply wouldn't go.
That was kind of my point, we know Benitez would be massively divisive (to put it as an understatement) and NES might get some kind of chance.

If it's about a period of grace with our fans, then I think Potter wins out.

Still underwhelming though.

Nuno is still in talks according to the Red Echo which is my guess as well.

Only positive thing with Benitez is he seems very settled in Merseyside so maybe we would get the Benitez of years gone by and not the one at Newcastle/China where he was without family / supposedly didn't enjoy living around the areas.

Nuno is still in talks according to the Red Echo which is my guess as well.

Only positive thing with Benitez is he seems very settled in Merseyside so maybe we would get the Benitez lf years gone by and not the one at Newcastle/China where he was without family / supposedly didn't enjoy living around the areas.
In a straight head to head between those two, which one gets your vote?

I could just about stomach the Allardyce appointment because we all knew it would be short term. I would be absolutely devastated if we appointed the Fat Spanish waiter. It would be a disaster.

We can play football, we did at the start of last season very well so I don't agree. It was necessity that changed it to defence but they can play, they just crap themselves. They need a rocket up the arse most of them.

I think the much vaunted great football we played early season is a bit of a myth because of the results tbh.

We played pretty well at Spurs but that game could have easily gone the other way, as could the Palace result which was a scrappy game.

WBA looked the better side and led against us until having a man sent off, and although we scored 4 past Brighton, there was a good 20 minute spell where we couldn’t get the ball. That rang big alarm bells for me.

The longer it goes on, the more likely it is that someone who isn't in a job currently will be the choice. So NES / Benitez / Galtier.

I think there is probably some truth in the underlying snippets, NES still favourite with Benitez willing to wait on the outcome and take the job if offered.

I don't see Galtier here now. He just seems to have been tagged on as the exotic option like Rangnick in the past.

Potter can be completely ruled out I think. There is no way Brighton would release him now without an almighty scrap given that could take weeks and they'd be looking at needing a new manager themselves by late June / early July.

NES favourite, but I think Benitez odds fall with each passing day without news.

The caveat at to this (and I agree with pretty much all of the above) is that Brands is running the process and it could be a very left field name.

Over the weekend, a few people close to the board on twittersphere basically said King was wrong, the appointment was not imminent and Brands was still leading the process.

There have been very few leaks emerging from Brands. You throw him going around London quite casually and you wonder if he will evaluate candidates and make his recommendation. It does feel as if Brands is managing this process though and if he is, it may be someone completely left field.

I don't blame the club taking their time. Carlo the Rat's abrupt departure must have rocked them. As the crap Echo says,the players are not back for a few weeks so no need to hurry unduly. It is not indecision.
But neither do you want him turning up on the same day as the players saying just have a knock around lads and we'll figure it out from there.

Why did I get a sudden flash of how Moonhead behaved at Finch Farm there?

Ignoring everything else regarding Rafael the Bellend, he simply hasn't been a good manager for the last 15 years.

Cant think of a worse appointment personally, not a single 1.

That's more my issue. I couldn't care less about the multitude of stupid things he said 15 years ago. I do care that I don't think he's massively well suited to what we are trying to do with a DOF (probably even less so than Ancelotti was). Indeed probably even less than Nuno would be.

He certainly developed DCL and Tom Davies improved greatly. I think Ancelotti would still be here if Real Madrid had not come calling. I don't think he would have left for anyone else. Also, I think Duncan will have learned a lot from Ancelotti. So we did get some benefits from his stay.
There were rumours in the Italian media he turned down an approach from Inter, but more because of his history with AC Milan than because he wanted to stay with Everton.

In a straight head to head between those two, which one gets your vote?

Probably Nuno but there isn't much in it for me tbh. Im personally not fussed that he's ex RS same when you get Blues who say they wouldn't sign Ings or Coutinho because they once played for that lot im not bothered tbh providing they show commitment to Everton whilst at the club.

Its just a job to them end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.