New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno is still in talks according to the Red Echo which is my guess as well.

Only positive thing with Benitez is he seems very settled in Merseyside so maybe we would get the Benitez of years gone by and not the one at Newcastle/China where he was without family / supposedly didn't enjoy living around the areas.

You do wonder if he's still in talks, like how much more is there to talk about and if somebody hasn't made a compromise, why would they do so now? I mean maybe the leaks yesterday might be to put pressure on either side, but if there's no resolution very soon I just can't see it. Lets not forget, he was in talks with us. Then he went and had talks with palace. Then he was about to be announced by us so in talks again. And on all 3 occasions no resolution (as yet) was found.

I said before it would be about Ferguson but I wonder if it's deeper than that, and it's actually about Mendes and his role in the club. Essentially us saying we won't just become another Wolves.

As for Benitez, there are lots of negatives but he does seem to really want the job, which I find really bizarre. But I remember him pushing this angle 3 or 4 times before this. It's very odd, as most Evertonian's hate him but I wonder if he's been a bit spurned by Liverpool hierarchy or something. We have rejected him about 4 times before this, and he still keeps putting himself back into the frame. I can't really get my head around it to be honest.

I heard someone his charity stuff works with blues and reds and he holds affection for both. Maybe he just sees it as home and wants to finish his career here, who knows?

My personal opinion is that none of these so called journalists have any more idea than we do, the days of having to keep them sweet have long gone, every single time we are looking for a manager the same names get bandied about, if Rooney had finished anywhere near promotion you can guarantee his name would have been thrown into the ring

I said before it would be about Ferguson but I wonder if it's deeper than that, and it's actually about Mendes and his role in the club. Essentially us saying we won't just become another Wolves.
I think we would be behind Wolves in the pecking order for access to the Mendes stable of clients.

Thought I read somewhere that Mendes and the Wolves owner go way back.

The caveat at to this (and I agree with pretty much all of the above) is that Brands is running the process and it could be a very left field name.

Over the weekend, a few people close to the board on twittersphere basically said King was wrong, the appointment was not imminent and Brands was still leading the process.

There have been very few leaks emerging from Brands. You throw him going around London quite casually and you wonder if he will evaluate candidates and make his recommendation. It does feel as if Brands is managing this process though and if he is, it may be someone completely left field.
Who are the ‘few people close to the board’ on Twitter mate? I’d like to give the a follow

Probably Nuno but there isn't much in it for me tbh. Im personally not fussed that he's ex RS same when you get Blues who say they wouldn't sign Ings or Coutinho because they once played for that lot im not bothered tbh providing they show commitment to Everton whilst at the club.

Its just a job to them end of the day.

Nobody would be bothered about the RS connection if we were signing Klopp or Rodgers. Young (ish) upcoming or current top level managers who have achievements that relate to modern day football.

Its the fact that Benitez is past it, not been relevant for years AND a RS that's the issue.

You do wonder if he's still in talks, like how much more is there to talk about and if somebody hasn't made a compromise, why would they do so now? I mean maybe the leaks yesterday might be to put pressure on either side, but if there's no resolution very soon I just can't see it. Lets not forget, he was in talks with us. Then he went and had talks with palace. Then he was about to be announced by us so in talks again. And on all 3 occasions no resolution (as yet) was found.

As for Benitez, there are lots of negatives but he does seem to really want the job, which I find really bizarre. But I remember him pushing this angle 3 or 4 times before this. It's very odd, as most Evertonian's hate him but I wonder if he's been a bit spurned by Liverpool hierarchy or something. We have rejected him about 4 times before this, and he still keeps putting himself back into the frame. I can't really get my head around it to be honest.

I heard someone his charity stuff works with blues and reds and he holds affection for both. Maybe he just sees it as home and wants to finish his career here, who knows?
I’m sure there was a rumour, after the palace talks broke down. And he was back favourite fir the Everton job. That said after initial talks Everton weren’t impressed.

It may have been from paddy Boyland, how much he knows is anyone’s guess. But when I listen to him, he comes across very well, seems like he wants to go far in journalism. And I get the feeling he wouldn’t tweet or saying something unless he was 99% sure

Status
Not open for further replies.