New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do wonder if he's still in talks, like how much more is there to talk about and if somebody hasn't made a compromise, why would they do so now? I mean maybe the leaks yesterday might be to put pressure on either side, but if there's no resolution very soon I just can't see it. Lets not forget, he was in talks with us. Then he went and had talks with palace. Then he was about to be announced by us so in talks again. And on all 3 occasions no resolution (as yet) was found.

I said before it would be about Ferguson but I wonder if it's deeper than that, and it's actually about Mendes and his role in the club. Essentially us saying we won't just become another Wolves.

As for Benitez, there are lots of negatives but he does seem to really want the job, which I find really bizarre. But I remember him pushing this angle 3 or 4 times before this. It's very odd, as most Evertonian's hate him but I wonder if he's been a bit spurned by Liverpool hierarchy or something. We have rejected him about 4 times before this, and he still keeps putting himself back into the frame. I can't really get my head around it to be honest.

I heard someone his charity stuff works with blues and reds and he holds affection for both. Maybe he just sees it as home and wants to finish his career here, who knows?
It’s something I can’t understand either. Why do you need to have a number of interviews with multiple candidates instead of picking your preferred choice after interviews and then having further talks with them on transfer strategy etc.

Seems odd to me but then I’m not in the industry.

There's one guy in particular who used to post on here, but I've been warned about bringing him up as it causes all manner of arguments. I'll DM you.
Was that theEsk, who’s blocked me on Twitter lol. But wasn’t he replying to a James Corbett tweet. Regarding the Nuno news when it broke last week.

Out of Interest Is the Corbett fella clued up

If Spurs or Villa signed Rafael or Nuno I think most people would say that they are solid appointments. Not truly exciting but ‘solid’. Sadly Carlo left us in the lurch with not many candidates available, I think we need to be pragmatic at this time.
I do wonder how Moshiri himself is feeling. Having got the star manager he wanted to having to start again must be tough on him too.

Anyways, if we are being pragmatic let’s hope for Nuno. Rafael will probably be the end for many of us and our kids who are finding it hard enough as it is.

If Kirkbride’s article is accurate they aren’t too worried about appointing anyone just yet as the players aren’t back for another couple of weeks. Could well drag out.

Knowing Everton, that's probably true. But it would be just another example of a completely disorganised club.

We do our business very late, we don't move on players, we always give players who will never play in a million years game time in preseason.

I'd like to see us look even a little bit organised and on top of things for once.

I t
You do wonder if he's still in talks, like how much more is there to talk about and if somebody hasn't made a compromise, why would they do so now? I mean maybe the leaks yesterday might be to put pressure on either side, but if there's no resolution very soon I just can't see it. Lets not forget, he was in talks with us. Then he went and had talks with palace. Then he was about to be announced by us so in talks again. And on all 3 occasions no resolution (as yet) was found.

I said before it would be about Ferguson but I wonder if it's deeper than that, and it's actually about Mendes and his role in the club. Essentially us saying we won't just become another Wolves.

As for Benitez, there are lots of negatives but he does seem to really want the job, which I find really bizarre. But I remember him pushing this angle 3 or 4 times before this. It's very odd, as most Evertonian's hate him but I wonder if he's been a bit spurned by Liverpool hierarchy or something. We have rejected him about 4 times before this, and he still keeps putting himself back into the frame. I can't really get my head around it to be honest.

I heard someone his charity stuff works with blues and reds and he holds affection for both. Maybe he just sees it as home and wants to finish his career here, who knows?
I personally think the Rafael talk is his PR machine working overtime to get him a Prem job.

All the cack journos from The Mirror and Sky putting his name in the mix.

He would be Fat Sam levels of fume.

Was that theEsk, who’s blocked me on Twitter lol. But wasn’t he replying to a James Corbett tweet. Regarding the Nuno news when it broke last week.

Out of Interest Is the Corbett fella clued up

I don't want to go into specifics, but I do know the Esk made a point and so did Corbett. I believe Corbett knows Kenwright.

I t

I personally think the Rafael talk is his PR machine working overtime to get him a Prem job.

Yes I think it's all Benitez, and he has done this multiple times before.

Knowing Everton, that's probably true. But it would be just another example of a completely disorganised club.

We do our business very late, we don't move on players, we always give players who will never play in a million years game time in preseason.

I'd like to see us look even a little bit organised and on top of things for once.
It seems like Ancelotti leaving caught them on the hop. You’d hope if this had been known or in the pipeline for several weeks they would have had things wrapped up by now.

I’m hoping Brands moves on our transfer targets quickly but I would understand if players want to wait to see who the new manager is before signing.

Nuno is overrated
If you now accept coming 13th with Wolves good or losing a league with Porto and not even reaching a cup final in Portugal, your standards are low

We did not want Moyes who got far better results

Nuno's Valencia stay was shortlived, he was sacked 2nd year

I want someone who can get us competing again at the top, I am sick of people like Silva, Martinez, Nuno

If we appoint someone like Klopp some of you would not want because of his connection to Liverpool. It should not be the case

It’s something I can’t understand either. Why do you need to have a number of interviews with multiple candidates instead of picking your preferred choice after interviews and then having further talks with them on transfer strategy etc.

Seems odd to me but then I’m not in the industry.

You seem to be the only poster in here not in the industry tbh

The one plus from all this is it is clear the club doesn't leak stuff anymore. The journos are just fumbling in the dark. Hopefully they are way off and neither Nuno or Rafael are anywhere near to being Everton manager.

I t

Add in the fact that he has recently arrived back in Caldy and it's lazy journalism linking him with the vacancy

Status
Not open for further replies.